Old Friends

"You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars." - Gary Allan

~~~

Chapter 29
Saturday- November 8th, 2014

Emanuel Ansari was an old friend of Ash's from boarding school, and I instantly despised him. Not only was he irritatingly good looking and in a rock band, but he was very obviously close to Ash. So, Ash's statement of never being close to anyone was clearly bullshit.

They stayed up the whole goddamn night, talking and laughing like the best of friends. I excused myself after an hour of it because they both ignored my entire existence anyhow. I would've just went home but damnit, I was here first.

I awoke to find myself cuddled up in Ash's arms but instantly tore him off of me. I was bitter about being ignored and not ashamed to admit I was extremely jealous of his chemistry with Emanuel. Ash didn't waken as I stood up, threw my pants on and made my way to his door. I had work in two hours, so I had to be leaving. I was going to leave without saying goodbye but decided against it since I knew Ash hated when I did that and I was considerate, unlike him.

I nudged his shoulder twice before his eyes slowly opened and he groaned at the sunlight pouring in from the window. "What?"

I retorted, "I have work. I'm leaving."

Ash blinked a few times before acknowledging my statement with a nod, "Okay."

He reached his arms upward, grabbing my face to pull me towards him. He leaned in to kiss me on the mouth but I sourly moved so he would kiss my cheek.

Ash pulled back, looking confused, "What the hell? Did you just reject me?"

I rolled my eyes, and turned to leave, "Bye Ash."

Ash sat up in bed, the comforter sliding down to expose his tattooed chest, "Wait. What's wrong?"

I turned back around, sighing, "It's nothing."

Ash pursed his lips at me, "Liar. Tell me."

I bit my bottom lip, feeling embarrassed to admit the truth.

Ash asked, "Is it because we didn't get to fuck last night?" He grabbed my hand, "Because baby, I can fix that."

He smirked at me, looking ridiculously hot with his messy bed head hair. But I certainly wasn't in the mood now.

I shook my head, "No, it's not that. It's the fact that our whole fucking night got interrupted, he arrives and you suddenly act like I don't exist."

Ash rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and sighed deeply, "Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I was just so excited to see him. It's been over a year since I last seen him."

I grumbled, "I get that but still...it was annoying. And he's annoying, "Mr. look at me, I'm so hot and cool and in a rock band" blah, blah, blah."

Ash laughed, "Babe, are you jealous? He's just a friend, honestly."

I spoke seriously, "Whatever. I don't like him."

Ash looked incredibly conflicted; I could tell he wanted to stick up for his friend but avoid pissing me off as well.

He opened his mouth to speak, "I..."

Two swift knocks interrupted us at the door and it swung open before we could even say it was okay to.

Emanuel stood there, smiling ear to ear, "Good morning! I brought coffee." He looked similar to Ash in terms of being skinny, having messy brown hair and his skin being covered in tattoos. But unlike Ash's porcelain skin, Emanuel was naturally tan, appearing to be middle eastern. He was also much shorter, only being about 5'7" but his height still didn't decrease his attractiveness level, he was fucking hot.