Firecracker. - EDITED

Lydia

"Jackson, what the fuck?" The strawberry blonde rounds on the boy as the door closes with a slam masked by the music outside, where she should be.

Yeah. That's where she should be; outside, laughing with Allison, talking with Scott, feeling protected by Stiles. Jackson had no place here. Finally, he was the one who doesn't belong.

"You weren't returning any of my calls!" The boy stalks up to her, looking down into her eyes with such intensity the girl blushes slightly, shuffling away from the boys glare. He made her feel uncomfortable, something you shouldn't feel like with the guy you were with for over three years.

"We broke up Jackson." The girl sighs sitting on the stray stool, her head throbbing at the sight of her ex.

"No. You decided you wanted a break." The boy curls his fingers patronisingly and steps towards her making Lydia clench her teeth, she came here to get away from him, she wasn't going to be scared any more. She was Lydia Fucking Martin.

"Yes, Jackson I wanted a break, after what you did-" the girl trails off and her voice cracks, her mind fluttering back through the past year, she's there all over again, Jackson storming into her room, drunk and high demanding for her to tell him who she'd been sleeping with, his hands against her chest, pushing her hard, her head hitting the floor even harder, Jackson leaving, phoning an ambulance as he ran.

"Get over yourself, Lydia." The boy snaps, pulling her out of her nightmare daze.

"What? What the fuck did you say? I had to have 28 stitches Jackson! 28! You did that. You sick motherfu-" The girl stands up, screaming, trying to get him to understand, to leave, but Jackson wasn't going anywhere, his eyes lighting up in rage as the blonde hit his chest begging him to just leave her alone.

"I'm not gonna listen to a slut like you Lydia. Throwing yourself at guys already, can't wait to jump into bed with someone else. You. Are. Mine." The boy grabs her wrists, holding them so tight Lydia knew they'd bruise.

Unfair? Yes.
Uncommon? No.

"No, Jackson. No! Jackson get off me!" The strawberry blonde struggles against the lacrosse player but he was always too strong, moving one hand onto her arm, causing another inevitable bruise.
Abruptly, almost as if a switch was flipped, Lydia stills, suddenly exhausted. She moved 3 hours away from the psycho and he still followed, always trapping her.

The strawberry blonde lifts her tired eyes the boys. He wasn't a man. He didn't have the courage, strength or maturity to be a man; and everybody knows there's no arguing, no winning against a overgrown child.

So their eyes meet. Blue on green. Water on Fire. Dull on Electric.

"Please." The girls pleas are met with a laugh, a cold humourless laugh.

"I can do whatever the fuck I want Lydia, but fine, you can have your break, only before I go I want all the shit I bought you back, like that fucking bracelet and the heels." The strawberry blondes eyes widen as she nods, she was not expecting the sick bastard to be up for negotiation.

"Yeah, sure I'll send it to y-" The girl is interrupted as Jackson lets out another laugh.

"Oh, no, I want it now." The boy reaches across and tears the tight bracelet from the girls wrist, cutting all the way round causing the girl to grip at her already bruised skin, kicking off her heels immediately, she steps away cautiously, a single tear falling down her cheek as the boy smirks, leaning down and picking the pair of $150 heels up before turning towards the door.