Chapter 1: If looks could kill

Chapter 1

If looks could kill

We walk silently into the parking lot, side by side. Then something hits me and I stop walking.

"What's your name?" I ask to the perfect guy.

He chuckles and extends his hand awkwardly.

"I'm sorry I guess I just forgot my manners, my name is Alexander Stone. And your name is..."

I give him my hand and it disappears into his. His warm skin melting into my hand and warming my body from head to toe.

"My name is Elizabeth Rivera" I reply in almost a whisper. Why am I torturing myself like this? He has a girlfriend, someone he clearly belongs to. I could just walk away, never look back and ignore him for the rest of my days. That thought only saddens me more. No, I can be friends with Alexander even though he has a girlfriend, where is the rule that says I can't.

We start to walk again and he leads me to a red Mercedes Benz. As he unlocks the doors, he tells me to just jump on in and I do. I sit myself on the plush leather passenger seat of his car, His car has smell that's a mix between Axe and fries, and really its not as bad as it sounds. He starts the engine, it comes alive with a purr.

He looks over at me as he exits the school parking lot and says

"Feel free to mess with the radio" gesturing to the various buttons on the dash board. I jump right in looking through the stations, I stop when Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love comes on.

"I love this song" he states as he starts mumbling the words. I giggle as he starts wiggling his shoulders to the beat of the music.

"So tell me about yourself" his request catches me off guard. Where to start?

"Well what do you want to know?" I reply, hoping he wont want to know my entire life story.

"Why did you move here?" he looks over at me and raises his eyebrows like he wants to make sure he's not stepping on any toes.

"My mom died so I have to stay with my grandmother" I state looking out the window, not a total lie. He must of sensed something in my voice so he doesn't ask me about my dad.

"Where did you live before?" he thinks this is going into safer territory.

"I used to live in Chicago, I was actually kind of happy to move to Virginia. This place is nice, more quiet." he chuckles, I look over at him, eyebrows raised as in what is so funny?

"Quiet, you mean boring." he smiles at me.

"Well I think right now a little boring will be good for me" I smile at him in return. He starts shaking his head no.

"No, no, no, no, no. I'm sorry Elizabeth but I don't do boring. Especially in this town where boring is soaked in every corner. I strive for excitement" he smiles almost triumphant like he won this argument no question. And he's right, if excitement meant hanging out with Alexander then excitement I will do.

"Ok, I just hope you can handle it" I smirk at him. He looks shocked then he puts his hand over his heart like he just got wounded.

"You insult me. I can handle anything that you can handle" I laugh like it's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

"Ok we'll see about that." I smirk again. We park at McDonald's and he cuts the engine but neither of us make a move to leave. He stares at me like he's concentrating on something really important, I turn self-conscience under his gaze, I look away any other direction but his. He giggles, I look back at him.