Chapter 4

Nero's POV

Kai waved goodbye to us as we walked further and further away from the fields and closer into the thick woods.

Jakob looks at me, "I wonder what's going on back at home?", he asked. "I was thinking about it too.", I replied.

"They might be so worried about us probably.", Skai said. Trent and Hunter nod. Sebastian points forward, "Look! It's that lake we crossed.", he yelled. "Guys, follow my moves!", I whispered. We snuck into the crowd of people boarding the ferry. "It's kinda claustrophobic here.", Braveheart whispered while he was behind a tall man. "I know right?", Sandstorm said. "Shhh!", Winter hissed, "we're gonna be in deep trouble if you don't stop talking!"

A lady gasped and points at Toby and Drake, "THERE'S A FOX AND A WOLF IN THE FERRY!!!!", she pulls what I assume it looks like her daughter close to her.

"Oh. God. Why?!", Diogenes whimpered.

"SOMEONE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL!!", a man in a tourist shirt and grey jeans yelled.

"EVERYONE ABANDON SHIP!!", I yell. I seal up my saddle bag so the kid wouldn't drown and jumped into the water. "Let's go!", Gaster yelled while everyone jumped into the water. A man grabbed out a loaded pistol and shot Amos as he struggled to get out, a few drops of his blood fell into the water.

"AMOS!", Antonio yelled.

"Go on without me!", Amos yelled as he slowly died. Arthur puts a paw on his shoulder, "Forget about him, he's history.", he lectured as he swam across.

When they got across...

I panted heavily as I got out of the lake. "Let's do a head count!", I commanded as I sat on a tree trunk. I counted each of every animal's head, from Duchess to Maximus, I seemed to notice that Amos was missing. My heart sank like a ship, I realized that Amos was shot and killed by those wretched and cruel humans.

We walked away from the ancient temple, where I found Gaster, my long long long long long long long lost brother.