Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

Title: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

Genre:Coming of age, Sports, Youth, Comedy and Romance

Number of episodes: 16

Number of seasons: 1

Written by: Yang Hee-seung

Directed by: Oh Hyun-jong

Main casts: 

Lee Sung-kyung as Kim Bok-joo

Nam Joo-hyuk as Jung Joon-hyung

Lee Jae-yoon as Jung Jae-yi

Kyung Soo-jin as Song Shi-ho

This drama is inspired by the life of South Korean Olympic weightlifter gold-medalist Jang Mi Ran and it's about college athletes who fighting for their dreams and finding love. Kim Bok-joo (Lee Sung-kyung) is a student in Hanwool College of Physical Education. She has shown strength like no other since she was a child as influenced by her former weightlifter father. She looks thoughtless at a first glance, but inside she's as fragile as glass and has deep recognition. Jung Joon-hyung (Nam Joo-hyuk) is Kim Bok-joo's childhood friend. He is a born swimmer but ever since he was disqualified from his first international event, he suffers from 'start trauma'. Along with Kim Bok-joo, he overcomes his troubles and finds his dream and love. Song Shi-ho (Kyung Soo-jin) is a rhythm gymnast who also attends Hanwool College of Physical Education. She started gymnastics since she was 5 and won the Asian Games at the age of 18. She's always been the best since then but mental pressure caused her to break up with Jung Joon-hyung and regret it.