Cheese in the Trap

Title: Cheese in the Trap

Genre Romance , Drama

Number of episodes: 16

Number of seasons: 1

Main casts:

Yoo Jung  as Park Hae-jin 

Hong Seol  as Kim Go-eun 

Baek In-ho as Seo Kang-joon 

Baek In-ha as Lee Sung-kyung 

Jang Bo-ra as Park Min-ji 

Kwon Eun-taek as Nam Joo-hyuk

Written by Kim Nam-hee and Go Sun-hee

Directed by Lee Yoon-jung

Jung is the rich heir to Taerang Group and seemingly has the perfect life, but also displays psychopathic tendencies, which causes Seol to take time off school to get away from him. When she returns through a scholarship that was intended for Jung, he is unexpectedly nice to her and asks her on a date. They begin an awkward relationship which is further complicated by the arrival of Baek In-ho and his sister Baek In-ha, childhood friends of Jung who were both adopted into his family after running away from their abusive aunt as children. In-ha is in love with Jung, but he dismisses her feelings. She leads an extravagant lifestyle funded by other men's money, and often behaves antagonistically. In-ho moves into the area while he is being pursued by gangsters, but strikes up a friendship with Seol and begins to work at her parents' restaurant.

As well as managing her conflicted feelings towards Jung and In-ho, Seol tries to cope with everyday struggles in her school and work life, such as unwanted advances and classmates that make her do their work for them. She is helped by her two best friends Jang Bo-ra (Park Min-ji) and Kwon Eun-taek (Nam Joo-hyuk), who begin to date each other.

The drama escalates towards the end of the series, when Seol is injured in a car crash and becomes hospitalised. The circumstances of the crash lead to In-ha being put in a mental institution. Such events have seemed to follow Jung around ever since he was a child, and looked on as In-ho damaged his hand in a fight that ruined his dreams of becoming a concert pianist. In the end, In-ho gets back on track with piano lessons, having been helped by Seol. Jung gives him a piano score that he had intended to gift him years ago, before they had fallen out, and they mutually resolve their differences. Jung settles In-ho's debts with the gang and, realising that Seol has been suffering during their relationship, breaks up with her and leaves the country for three years.

Three years later, Seol is working at the company job that she wanted, and has realised that she still has to deal with the everyday problems of her school life, only in a different setting. Her friend Bo-ra now owns a clothing store and is still with Eun-taek, who is a model. In-ha has been released from the mental hospital and changed her ways, falling in love with a humble, nerdy character. While the absent Jung has not responded to Seol's emails to him, the open ending reveals one of the email statuses changing to "read".