Chapter 12: A Million Fans

Darcy: I hadn’t checked YouTube in forever. I mean, I had wanted to leave the views to a surprise. Also a part of me said that when I checked it wouldn’t have a ton of views.

I was wrong.

When I got on YouTube, I didn’t even log on. My video came up in the top videos. And how many views did it have?

1,323,798 views to be exact.

My hand flew to my mouth in surprise and excitement. I had 1.3 million people who had watched my video. It seemed unreal. I pinched myself over and over, trying to remember that this was real. I scrolled down to the comments, feeling as though I was walking on air. A few of the comments were stuff like “Oh my gosh! You’re Harry Styles daughter! And that girl playing guitar is Niki Malik! I remember when you guys were first born!” but there were some like “This song is better than the original! I love it! Its on repeat on my phone!” and “When can I buy this on ITunes!” I was in heaven. I immediately after reading a few of the comments called Niki.

“Niki!” I screamed when she answered, “Check YouTube!”

“Um, okay,” Niki said, sounding confused. I heard her typing on her computer. Then, a moment later, she screamed too.

“Oh my gosh!” she screamed, “Do you know what this means?”

“We’re FAMOUS!” I screamed back my reply.

“I KNOW!” Niki screamed. I wanted to cry I was so happy. I had shown my dad exactly what I had wanted to show him. And now I was FAMOUS! With 1.3 Million fans! It was amazing. A dream come true!

“Darcy! You did it!” Niki said, still extremely excited, “You showed your dad!”

“I know!” I said, so happy. That’s when I heard my door open.

“What was going on in here,” my dad asked. I pointed to my computer screen. He looked to where my finger was pointing.

“Live While We’re Young? Is that…?” my dad asked.

“Your song, yeah,” I said. I heard Niki hang up.

“Wow,” he said, “1.3 million views!”

“Yep,” I said, “That’s all people who like my singing.”

“Wow,” my dad said, a smile growing on his face, “That’s amazing Darc.”

“Thanks,” I said, smiling.

“Maybe you should try X-Factor this year,” my dad said, “If this doesn’t lock it in for you.”

That was all I needed to hear. I hugged him.

“That would be awesome to try out for X-Factor,” I said, so happy to hear his say that.

“Okay,”  my dad said, “We’ll print off the application as soon as they release it online. I smiled and bounced in my seat.

“Thank you,” I said. My dad smiled to himself.

“Nice job,” he said, “Just wait till you show your mom this.”

I nodded, so excited about everything. Everything was working out just the way I wanted. I watched the video, happier than I ever thought I could be with myself.