~Chapter 8- Relieved~

(Brian's P.O.V )

When the car approached the driveway of the big tower building, my breathing pace slowed down just a bit because I'm not used of sitting this close to Charlotte. She was shaking with fear or worse because I could feel her cold skin against my arm. I wondered if she was just cold since it was pretty chilly outside today. Should I give her my jacket? No.. Luce would beat me if he saw my jacket on her. I know Lucifer really closely actually. We work in the same company, He usually works here in New York and I would stay in Japan but whenever I heard about my best friend in trouble, I just couldn't resist the offer that was made to me. If I would've declined, I would've regretted it for the rest of my life. I had to keep my cool around Charlotte that day at the beach when Luce attacked me because she doesn't need to know that me and Lucifer have a close  friend relationship, just yet anyways.

The driver came on the right side of the car to open up the door to let us out. Char grabbed a hold of my hand as she got out the car. I was actually shocked when she did that so I just gripped harder onto her hand. She stopped in place once I was completely out the door and the driver shut the door behind me. She turned around so that we were face to face. "What is this place Brian? You have a lot of explaining to do." she asked me such in a tone that it made me jump a little bit. I just rolled my eyes and motioned my head towards the building to make her keep walking at a steady pace. My boss will get seriously mad if I'm late. She did as she was told though and kept walking on the side of me as I lead her to the destination.

I arrived at two big doors with 2 bodyguards on each side and a hand machine code on the side of the far left door. I had to put my hand signature on it or I wouldn't be able to go inside. I looked at Charlotte who was looking in the opposite direction of me. I tapped her on the shoulder and looked towards the door and back at her. "You ready to go in and see?" I asked her in a quiet matter. She had fright in her eyes but all she did was shake her head yes. I put my hand on the machine and it scanned my hand 3 times before I heard the ding ding sound and the doors opened magically. I felt Charlotte's hand release from mine as the doors opened. I looked up and saw that she was running towards Lucifer. Of course, not a surprise there. She always chooses him before me anyways. I slapped both sides of my temples. I shouldn't be thinking like that. Just leave it at that, she'll never have feelings for you and it should just stick that way as friends. It's for the best anyways.

"Good job at keeping her safe for me Brian. I can't thank you enough". Lucifer said to me as he walked up to me after he was done embracing Charlotte. He grabbed a hold of my hand and shook it so formally. I know for a fact that there was nothing formal about this dude, that's for sure. He just likes to put on a act all the time to get more extra money put into his bank account. I looked behind Lucifer to see Charlotte's confused face looking at me. She was so confused that she was biting her fingernails that they were legit falling on the floor below her. I grabbed Luce's collar and motioned him into the next room as I left a crack in the door. " Dude. Do you think we should tell her? I think she needs to know.. about us being all goody two shoes." I asked him in a quietly voice so in case Char was eavesdropping on us.

He folded his arms and rubbed his chin as he closed his eyes and sighed loudly. He started to pace around the room trying to decide on what to do. He finally stopped at like the 15th time going back and forth giving me a whiplash. "Okay. We'll tell her but together as a team, got it?" I gave him a look and pulled him into a bro hug. "Let's do this. What's the worse that can happen? Her like hating us forever. I don't think that's possible. She loves us both too much for that to ever happen." We both walked out the room laughing at what I said and he had his arm around my shoulder. We both said it at the same time. "Charlotte we have something to tell you" I looked at him as he looked back at me and we ended up laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe. "Jinx you owe me a drink" Lucifer said to me as we did our secret handshake but was interrupted by Charlotte's tiny,shaky voice. It was so cute that I could literally die in the inside over and over again. "Please guys be serious. Explain to me what's all this and.. why are you two all buddy buddy now all of a sudden,hm hm?" Guahhhh she's even cuter when she gets all serious and shit. Okay keep your cool Brian, you can do this. I straighten my collar on my shirt and puffed my cheeks to make sure I was still breathing fine and dandy. I bumped Lucifer's arm to make him talk first. He just gave me that stank stare and rolled his eyes as he began to speak.

"Can we take this discussion in the next room though?" Lucifer asked Charlotte as she shook her head and followed me and Luce into the next room. I shut the door tight and locked it to make sure no one else would come inside. I sat down in the chair next to Lucifer and crossed my legs like a gentleman would and rested my hands on my knees. Lucifer was sitting like a wannabe gangsta with his legs spread open and his arms on each leg as he looked straight up at Charlotte. He's a disgrace at times but he's a good dude to be honest. He only cares for people who puts their all trust into him and stuff like that. He's also a hardheaded at times but he can also be understanding when something really serious is put on the spot in front of him. Okay now down to business. "Charlotte. This might be hard for you to understand but first thing s first. Me and Brain are not enemies. We're actually great friends to be in fact. We just wanted you to think we were on bad terms because you didn't know what was actually going on at first but now you do apparently." Lucifer said as he was looking down at his shoes below him. I began to speak after he finished that sentence. "Yes exactly. We didn't want to keep this from you any longer. Like I said before. I will do anything in my will to protect you from that awful man" Lucifer interrupted me and I just glared at him as I scowled. "As do I Little one. You mean so much to me and I would hate to see you taken away from me ever again." I could tell by Luce's words that he was beginning to cry. He was the only one that seen Charlotte being taken away with his own eyes and He couldn't do anything about it because he was unconscious by one of the big mans that knocked him out right after they took her away that night at the ballet. I hopped out my seat to kneel in front of him as I took him into a hug and patted his back. "Hey man. be strong, it's alright. that's not going to happen again and I'll make sure of it too. Don't you worry."

I heard Charlotte get out of her seat and walk towards Luce and me and embraced both of us as she started balling with tears. "I love you guys. So much. I'm just glad I'm safe. That's all that matters right now. Y'all had every right to do what y'all needed to do to keep me alive and I appreciate that." She grabbed Luce's hand and picked up his chin as she gave him a soft kiss on the lips.. right in front of me. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I sniffed as I wiped my tears away. She was supposed to be mine forever but I guess I'll have to let her go since she found someone new to take care of her. He better be good to her or i'll beat his teeth in. "Bri. Why are you crying. Oh my.. is something the matter?" She asked me as she put her hand on my thigh. I shook my head as I sniffed even more and got up off the floor. I smiled at her then at Lucifer who still had tears in his eyes as I left the room so they could be alone for awhile. That look he gave me. He knew something was wrong but he didn't ask. 

"I'm just glad to have you back my baby girl" Lucifer spoke softly into Charlotte's ear as he embraced her tightly. 

"I'm relieved that I'm back safe and sound." Charlotte kissed Lucifer's forehead.

They got out the room and into the office to see Brian on the floor crying his eyes out.

(I finally got the chance to make another chapter. I been away studying for mid-terms and stuff. Blah Blah school. Yuck. I know. Anyways I hope you enjoy this one *sneeze* oops all over. Baii baii nows cc: Stay tuned)