Not A Normal Day

To say a lot of people don't like me, is an understatement. But it wasn't always like this. I used to have a family that loved me. Friends that would text me every day to check up on me, and come over every weekend for slumber parties. But after my mom left everything has been down hill. My dad doesn't know what to do with himself anymore and comes home drunk every night. He comes home angry, and as always he sees me as some kind of escape route from his daily sadness. His eyes -full of rage- as he slams me to the ground kicking at my gut, his beer bottles shatter to the floor, slicing through my soft cheeks as my eyes swell with tears. I wish I had someone that cared for me. But some things never change, and affection is one of those things. Or so I thought...
----------
I slowly trudged through the snow on my way to school, the sky still dark as cars slowly drove past careful not to hit any ice. My ribs ached with every step I took, but I knew if I got to school late my father would go ballistic.

When I finally arrived at the school, three blocks from my house, my feet were absolutely freezing. The second I opened the doors to the school I felt a happy wave of heat melt into my stomach dulling the horrible pain running through my chest. I walked through the school to my locker, gathering my books, and I made my way to my first class, alone, as usual.
----------
As I took my seat in third period study hall everything seemed normal. That is until a substitute walked in to take the place of Mr. Moore. Everyone started chirping out words loudly knowing there were no rules when the sub ignored the racket and sat down to scroll through her phone. Everyone was having their own conversations while I sat quietly in my seat slowly giving up on trying to read. I don't think it would be possible for anyone to concentrate with all of the noise. I was listening through a few conversations when all of a sudden a special conversation caught my attention...

"Aren't those new brothers just so hot?!" A girl with bright golden hair exclaimed almost yelling to her group of three friends sitting across from her.

"Yes!! They definitely are!!" Another girl piped in before adding, "They are moving to that big house on 30th street!! I am expecting plenty of parties at that house in my future!" She said winking at the other girls.

Just then I could've sworn my heart stopped. I live on 30th street, and I knew exactly which house those boys were moving into... The only house for sale... The house right next door.