I Don't Think So

After a very long day of avoiding the Williams brothers the bell rang dismissing everyone from school. The halls were crammed with excited teenagers spilling their plans for the weekend as they quickly walked down the hallway with their friends. I decided to stay standing in the doorway of my last period class until the halls cleared up. I guess its a thing I do on Friday's to avoid getting trampled.

When I finally made it to my locker I happily shoved all of my books inside knowing I didn't have any homework to complete over the weekend. I took out my coat and hat and shut the door before making my way down the hall to the front doors of the school. I took in a deep breath of the warm air before pushing open the thick door instantly being hit with a cold breeze.

As I made my way towards my house a car slowed, almost to a stop, next to me rolling down the drivers window.

"Would you like a ride home?" A somewhat familiar voice asked as I looked over to see who it was. It was Jake.

"No thank you." I said quietly shaking from the cold as I noticed Wyatt in the passenger seat.

"Oh come on Abbie. We have heat." Jake pleaded giving me a big puppy dog face. I would've giggled, but a sharp pain in my chest told me no.

"Fine." I said with a small smile on my face. "But only because it is absolutely freezing cold!"

I walked up to the backseat on the left side and hopped in. The warm air instantly tickling my red cheeks.

"Why have you been avoiding us all day?" Jake questioned.

"Uh, I don't know." I said quietly not sure of what else to say.

"We aren't evil monsters you know." Jake cackled out loudly causing his silent brother to scrunch his brows at him.

"Really man?" Wyatt said slapping Jakes arm. "How immature."

When we finally reached my house they pulled into my driveway putting their car into park. I quickly got up to walk towards the front door forgetting my manners.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile as they started to back out of my driveway. I walked up to my door and when I turned around they were climbing out of their seats also walking towards the door. I felt a small blush creep onto my face.
----------
I peeled my shoes off and smiled at the thought of a wonderful father-less weekend. Since my father would usually go out on weekends for business trips I was left the house to my self Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and even Monday! I then wandered off to my room to change into my room when I heard a knocking at the door. I peeked through a set of cream curtains to find Wyatt standing at the door staining off into space. I debated not answering the door, but I figured he probably knew there was nowhere else a loner like me would be. When I opened the door you could tell he was on the verge of leaving. I guess I'm pretty slow.

"Hey Abbie!" Wyatt exclaimed through his cheesy smile.

"Hi," I smiled back.

"My brother and I," Wyatt said with a dab of shyness, "we were wondering if you had any plans tonight."

"I don't think so," I said in a super suspicious tone, "why?"

----------
Sorry I haven't been active, like at all, but I am back for now. You can thank my semi-annoying friends for hounding me into this... Haha
I am thinking about starting another "story" on top of this one, but I'm not sure what your guy's thoughts are? Let me know...
Thank you all for reading this short chapter :)