P̃ẼR̃C̃Ỹ VI

I wake up to the sound of Oli Sykes screaming right above my head. My hands fly to my phone to turn off the chaotic guitar playing that had woken me up. I had found that nothing other than the sound of angry white men screaming about our fucked up society could actually successfully wake me up these days.

I quickly turn off the alarm and sigh. I'm wide awake now, might as well go to see if Jason was eating breakfast. And then I realize it's 2:00 pm. God dammit.

"Jason? You down there?" I call as I hobble down the stairs.

"Yup! You hungry?" Jason answers back and I hear the sound of something sizzling.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and see Jason with his red sweater and a grey Mario tshirt and sweatpants. He's at the stove, flipping over what looks like bacon.

"Bacon is an every course food. Breakfast for you, lunch for me." Jason quips without looking towards me. I run a hand through my hair. "Where's Berryl?" I ask.

"Um, about that," Jason starts. He puts the lid on the pan before him and leans against the counter, motioning for me to come sit down with a cock of his head. I give him an odd look but he doesn't see, so I walk to sit down in front of him. "What's up?"

"So, my Aunt Danni is in a bit of a medical situation-"

"Is she okay?" I ask. I had heard a lot of good things about her and I really didn't want Jason to have to suffer.

Jason gives me a slow spreading smile that lights up his face in a way only seen on angels. He chuckles and rubs his neck.

"I mean, she's being hospitalized right now but my uncle wanted my mom to stay with them until she gets better." Jason explains with that dumb smile still on his face.

"So we're being left alone in the house?" I ask. The thought made me nervous but also made my heart flutter. Being offered a home in the first place was too much, and now I'm gonna be in a house..... with only Jason to keep me company..... for god knows how long....

"Yeah. My mom said something about how we're responsible enough, then left basically. She also asked for me to relay that she loves you." Finished Jason and immediately turned back to the stove. That last bit took me by surprise, but I'm sure she just said it in the heat of the moment. I'm not her son, nor am I in any way related to her. And all I've done is make her work for longer and have less time with Jason, which I really wish she could have, but paying for two kids has proved to be more of a challenge than she anticipated.

"Oh. Um, okay." I answer stupidly. The smell of bacon is intoxicating as Jason lifts up the lid and flips the other piece over. They seem about ready and I guess Jason has the same thought as he takes out a plate from the cabinet to his left and plops the various pieces of bacon onto it. He walks back to the counter where I'm sat and places the plate in between us two. He leans against the counter in that absolutely endearing way he does and swiftly swipes a strip from the plate and shoves more in his mouth than he probably should. With a crumb or two on his lips he informs me on his plans.

"So I was thinking, to get in the Christmas spirit and everything, we could put on some snazzy Christmas music and finally decorate our naked tree? Unless you've got other plans." He jokes.

"Shut up. I would've canceled if I had any. That sounds really nice." I answer, rubbing my arm shyly. I realized how clingy that sounded but either Jason didn't notice or didn't care.