I see no tomorrow

Smile. Smile. I kept repeating to myself but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. But I forced myself to as I saw the flashing lights of the cameras begin.

“Serena, how was Italy?”

“Was James a good kisser?”

“Was the affair with Prince Jacques true?”

“…” “…”

More questions like these were thrown at me as I exited the airport.

“Did you meet ----“All the questions were cut off when I closed the door of the limo. I took my sunglasses off and closed my eyes before I pushed a button that would start the incessant rant of my manager, Jessica.

“Serendipity, sweetheart, how was the flight? Oh, how rude of me, you must be tired. But maybe some of Italy’s energy must have rubbed off on you. Who are we kidding it’s you ---“I shut her off, knowing that whatever she asks, she would answer it herself. I dozed off, jet lag catching up with me.

---- (dream sequence)---

“Jones!” I heard him snarl.

I felt him before I saw him, he pulled hard on my hair before proceeding to make his way to the couch where he pushed me.

Then he started unbuckling his jeans and forcing himself on my mouth.

I felt the tears prickle down my cheeks as I heard his moans of pleasure with every thrust he makes,

All I felt was desperation and hopeless as I saw her just staring at me.

Watching as her supposedly spouse defiles, for yet another time, a part of me.

I start screaming for help only to receive a brutal kick in the abdomen from this sick sadistic monster.

--- ( end ) ---

I woke up and felt the tears building up but I quickly fixed my composure knowing that I was almost home and that surely paparazzi would be there.

I pushed the door open with my back and took a deep breath before sitting on one of the lounge chairs at the balcony of my penthouse. I called my bitch of a secretary, Suzanne.

“Hello, Ms. Jones.” She greeted in her usual nasal voice.

“Clear my schedule for today Suzanne, I have to be somewhere.”

“Yes, Ms. Jones.” I heard her say before hanging up on her and taking a sip of my strawberry mimosa.

I made my way towards my Ducati, in full knowledge that a sports car would have more speed but can’t get around the city unseen better than a Ducati.

I went to the cemetery to visit my dad, Chris. I bought a 6-pack of his favorite beer, Lech, and the newest issue of “Hunting 101”, a magazine he always used to read.

“Hey dad. How you fairing in heaven?”

  I didn’t expect him to answer. I just needed to say something to him, to feel a connection.

I needed to ask, I don’t give a damn if people look at me funny or find me amusing in any way for talking to a tombstone.

“Well, I miss you a lot. It isn’t the same without you here.”

I sit on the grass and lean on his tombstone as I reminiscent on the memories of me and my dad. The time we went fishing and I caught a fish that jumped on my red boots and the time he tried baking a cake for my 7th birthday but only ended up burning half the kitchen. Tears were staining my make up filled face as I kept listing in my mind all the memories me and my dad shared.

“I love you and you’re probably wondering why the hell am I crying in your grave when instead I can visit my birth mother, but there’s nothing I could say to her. Well nothing except, “How’s hell, mother? Satan wanna throw you out yet?”. I know I know it’s rude and improper to treat her that way but I have my reasons. Well I should go back to the real world now dad, I love you and I miss you. Bye.”

I was damp from the rain when I got back but the good part is that it washed away all the evidence of my tear stained face.

I opted to take a nice soothing bath in the tub to ease my mind of things.

Bringing my head out of the water, I breathe in the scents that came with the potpourri I had set up over the candle. I was staring into space while I tried drowning out all the terrors that were threatening to creep into my mind. Thousands of dollars spent on shrinks would be wasted if I did.

Getting dressed in a black dress that fitted my bodice perfectly and ended just a little above mid-thigh and pointy silver stilettos that can poke someone’s eye out, I inspected myself in the mirror checking if makeup was still intact, it was. I made my way to the lounge, only to see that the limo was there.

Half an hour later the limo stopped in front of a place where loud music was blaring and lights were wild, a club. Not just any club but “Xenon”.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK... :)