In Love Baby

age 15

Karen sighed as she sat down beside Michael who was not looking forward to the conversation they were going to have.

"What are you doing to that poor boy, Michael?" Karen asked, and Michael looked over at her.

"We were just making out, mom. Nothing else." Michael sighed.

"He's in love with you. You know that right?" She said, and Michael looked down and laughed.

"There's a difference between telling someone you love them, and actually being in love with them." Michael said and she nodded.

"You're right. What do you mean when you tell Luke you love him?" She asked and Michael sighed.

"I- I don't know. I care about him so much, and I love being with him- I just- I don't know what it feels like to be in love but I don't think I'm there yet." He said, and Karen nodded.

"I understand Michael, but what I saw tonight, it wasn't like you and Luke. When everything was so chaste. He's- Luke is so young, and so innocent. You can't hurt him. He's in love with you, and you can't go that far with him until you love him just as much as he loves you. It would crush him."

"Mom- were not g-"

"Michael I'm not talking a-"

There was a fast knock at the door, interrupting Karen.

"Go get it." She whispered, running her hand over her forehead.

She followed him to the door, and when he opened it, they saw Luke, heavy tears falling from his eyes.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Michael asked while Luke angrily wiped his eyes.

"She- my mom was talking to me about- you know, and she thought we were gonna... do it... and she- she kept saying you don't really love me and- she doesn't know anything. I just need you." Luke cried, and Michael held Luke to his chest, kissing the top of his head.

Karen looked at the two sympathetically, hating how torn up Luke was. He's so fragile.

"Baby, I love you. It's okay." Michael whispered, holding the part of Luke's waist that his crop top didn't cover.

"Do you? Like, honestly love me with everything you have because that's how much I love you." Luke cried, and Michael sighed.

"Luke, you're fifteen. You're too young to love someone that much." Michael told him.

"No I'm not, Michael. You've always been there for me. I've always wanted you. You've always stood up for me and made me feel beautiful even though I just look stupid for dressing like a girl. You have no idea how happy you have made me. You can't tell me that I'm not in love with you."

Michael ran a hand through Luke's hair, still holding his close as he looked into the younger boys pain filled eyes.

"I love you, and you know that, but I have no idea what it's like to be in love. You've got it all figured out, but I don't know if I'm there yet." Michael said, and Luke nodded.

"I understand Michael. I just need you to know that I love you, and I need you." Luke whispered, and Michael kissed his lips softly, wiping away his tears at the same time.

"I love you." Michael whispered, pressing his forehead to Luke's.

He picked Luke's little body up, and hugged him tighter than he ever had before, burying his face in the younger boys neck.

Once he was sat down, he looked back at him mom.

"Can I walk Luke back home? Say goodnight?" He asked, and Karen nodded.

"Don't be too long. It's 10:30. I want you back by 11." She said, knowing Michael was most likely gonna stay with Luke for a little bit.

"Come here, sweetheart." Michael whispered, picking Luke up, and letting him lay on his shoulder as he walked across the yard to his house.

"Hi Liz," Michael whispered as he stepped into the house.

"Hi, Michael." She said, and watched as Michael carried Luke's body up the stairs. He was dozing off, but he wanted Michael to hold him until he fell asleep.

"Stay with me.." Luke whispered.

"I'll hold you for a little while, but I'll be back in the morning, okay?" Michael said, an luke nodded as Michael laid him in the bed.

Michael slipped off Luke's pink skirt, leaving him in his crop top and black panties. He walked over to Luke's dresser and got one of his sweatshirts he let Luke have.

"Sit up, baby." Michael said, so Luke tiredly sat up, letting Michael put the sweatshirt over his body.

Once Michael was laying beside Luke, the blonde boy rolled on top of him, wanting to be held so bad.

Michael smiled, running a hand through Luke's hair, the other one holding onto his waist tightly.

He never wanted to leave.