take me home

yes, i did name this chapter after the one direction album. don't judge me.

"let's get this party started!" casey said, raising his glass in the air as everyone shouted in agreement. "but first, a toast, to my son brendon, who i am making shareholder in my firm." that caused more shouting and brendon stood up smiling.

everyone began to clink glasses with the person next to them and ashlyn raised her glass half-heartedly. she looked up at brendon and he was already looking down at her. "a toast to tonight, and what events it may bring," he said confidently, with a smug look on his face.

"a toast to events you think it'll bring," ashlyn rebutted, but somewhere deep inside of her wanted something to happen that night. work was getting pretty boring, she could use something (or someone) to spice things up. brendon smirked widely at her remark.

as soon as it got a little bit too loud, casey ordered everyone to sit back down in their seats. once everyone was seated, the waiters and waitresses brought out all of the food. people immediately started cheering again. ashlyn rolled her eyes, but she could admit it was the only thing worth cheering for.

she poured the rest of the wine that was in her wine glass down her throat, hoping that getting drunk would make this night go by faster. she immediately grabbed the wine glass from the middle of the table and refilled her glass almost all the way to the top. she began to take a gulp of it before hearing "damn."

she turned around to face brendon, observing the smirk on his face. "what?"

"you gonna down that one like you did the last one?" brendon said in a sassy tone. "you may want to slow down."

"uh, no thanks," she replied, proceeding to chug her wine. brendon flashed a full teeth smile at her.

"not a lightweight, huh?" he inquires. she chuckles in response, having downed more than half of the wine.

"no," she said, chuckling even more. he chuckled with her, taking a sip of his wine. she then downs the rest of the wine in her glass. this left brendon impressed, most girls he tried to pick up were lightweights that couldn't hold their liquor, but he got a feeling ashlyn wasn't like those girls.

"well bottoms up, then," brendon said, refilling ashlyn's glass. they proceeded to raise their glasses and clink them together. they both started laughing at the same time. brendon began to think to himself as they each took a swig of their wine.

normally, brendon would've been in the girls pants already. normally, he wouldn't waste time on this small talk. normally, he wouldn't go for girls like ashlyn; she was shy, smart, and funny. maybe that's why he was so attracted to her. but he couldn't be too attracted to her, his father would fire him and probably disown him, too.

brendon and ashlyn sat there all night talking to each other, eating and drinking wine. brendon had never genuinely done that with anyone before. all the other times he had casual conversation with a hot girl was only to get in her pants, and sometime in the middle of that party, he realized that wasn't as important to him. plus, small talk with other girls seemed forced, but with ashlyn it wasn't that way.

ashlyn felt the same way. she had never felt like this towards any of the guys that normally came on to her. usually, the guys that came on to her were old and greasy, and brendon was neither of those. brendon was sexy.

so they kept refilling their glasses, stuffing food in their faces, and talking the entire night. for both brendon and ashlyn, the night seemed to go by in minutes. by the end of the night, ashlyn had refilled her wine glass way too many times to count.

brendon and ashlyn were so imvolved in their own conversations, they didn't realize that everyone had gone home until casey came up to talk to them.

"brendon? ashlyn? why haven't you gone? everyone else has already gone home," casey chuckled as he approached them.

"we just got caught up in conversation," brendon replied, looking up at casey and smiling. 

"shall i call you a cab ashlyn?" casey generously asked.

"ye-"

"no, i'll take her home," brendon interjected before ashlyn could accept casey's offer. both casey and ashlyn looked at brendon slowly. "saves gas," brendon explained, chuckling.

"are you okay with that, ashlyn?" casey asked, a concerned tone lingering in his voice. at that point, ashlyn was too buzzed to care.

"y-yeah, i'll be f-fine. thank y-you," she said, attempting not to slur her words and failing. the concerned look on casey's face faded a little bit. he looked at brendon with suspicion, almost to say 'i'm watching you,' and proceeded to walk away.

"so, do you wanna come to my place for a nightcap?"

sorry if this chapter was a little short!

next chapter is gonna be spicier, i promise ;)