Chapter 8

Ashlee's POV

I dialed the number that I knew by heart.

Ring

Ring

Ring

The anticipation was killing me, until he finally picked up.

"Ashlee, babe, what's wrong?" I heard his sleepy voice over the line. It seemed as though he just woke up.

"Meet me at our spot." I spoke in a whisper, keeping my voice low for no reason at all. I didn't wait for his reply, and cut the conversation off with a click of a button.

I started the engine and drove off, using the GPS for navigation.

Why'd he kiss me?

What if he like me?

What will happen?

Why is he back?

All of the questions were swirling around in my head with no answer in sight. Before I knew it, I was at the park.

I killed the engine and opened the door, welcoming the chilling breeze. I wrapped my arms around me, trying to keep myself warm.

I started my trek into the wood behind the park until I reached my destination. I could see a faint glow in the treehouse, signifying that Chase was already here.

Knocking twice on the trap door, I swung it open and climbed through it.

"Ash, what wrong?" Chase sounded worried, but who wouldn't be?

Before I could stop myself the words came tumbling out of my mouth at a rapid pace telling him what had happened at my house.

Chase scooted closer to me and engulfed me in a huge bear hug. I was wheezing when he let go. I could feel the heat radiating off of him by how close he was to me.

His eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips. His lips puckered and he leaned slightly in...

___________________________

Happy New Year everyone!!!!