Prologue

Harper laughed looking at the man that had just finished beating the crap out her for the third time. She was in pain, there was no denying that. But over the years and years of being kidnapped over and over again, she just stopped feeling pain. "They won't pay for me, my parents can care less about me. No matter how many times I'm kidnapped, they never pay," she said.

Coughing she tasted iron in her mouth. Blood. Blood that she was already bleeding out in about three... No four different spots. The man sneered at her before quickly walking out of the windowless room and slamming the metal door.

She knew that her parents would send their personal bodyguards, ex marines to come get her. After all, she was their only kid in a loveless marriage. Taking shallow breaths, she listened as they talked. She mostly heard muffled words. Nothing that would be of use to her.

Rolling over, she coughed up some blood that was piling up in her mouth. Normally in TV shows, they wanted the victims to act like they had hope. But in the real world, hope was useless.

Why can't they just kill her and get it over with? Because you're worth a lot of money Harper Sorrowful.

Then, from above she heard more than the normal three sets of footsteps. They were here to get her after a week. Most likely they had to go and tell the local police what they were doing. Which was mighty fine with her

Feeling hands on her body she looked up and laughed before groaning, "Ladon, how are you big man? Can you let me walk on my own, or do I have to let them see me carried out?"

"Can't do that Little Miss. You have a broken leg," he said smiling down at her. She didn't even feel the pain. Maybe because they rarely let her sleep half the time. "Sleep now Little Miss. We'll be at a hospital soon," he said laying her in the back seat of a car.

She was only twenty at the time.

Harper vowed it would be the last time that she was ever kidnapped, when she was healed, she would start anew.

_________________________________________

This is the updated Prologue. Updated on 2/14/2016. 

Read and enjoy my friends!

~Surryeon