Chapter 3

The night was slowly turning to morning and no one noticed the shadowed figures approaching the castle under the cover of clouds above them, shielding them from the moonlight.

Just as promised the backdoor stood wide open, the guards didn't have any idea. They spread through the corridors slitting the throats of every guard they passed by. Everyone were asleep, unable to even notice the danger around them.

All except for one...

One certain wolf's senses started tingling, Leina woke up hastily sensing her pack was in danger.

She quickly started to howl at the top of her lungs. The guards didn't think much of. A wolf howling at the moon were nothing special, they were known for it.

But somebody knew better.

Elena woke up hastily upon hearing her companions warning, Leina never howled unless danger was coming. She shot up from her bed and grabbed her bow and arrows. Whoever came through that door would be in for a surprise.

Eldarin also woke up from the sound of Leina's howling, was she hungry now? He was sure he fed her on time!

But as walked out to the corridor he froze upon the horrific discovery. The body of one of guards were laying in front of him! Eldarin just stood there as if he was frozen in ice, his mind blank, only focusing on the body a few meters away from his feet.

He eventually managed to regain some of his senses and turned around to flee but was met with a hooded figure staring at him with a cold stare.

The figure raised its sharp blade ready to kill his target. Eldarin couldn't believe it. He was about to die.. Just like that.

But the assassin never had a chance to strike as another blade pierced him trough his chest.

The shadowy figure fell to the ground and Rebecka was standing there.

'Are you alright?' she asked as she was in a hurry.

Eldarin couldn't get an answer out so Rebecka just grabbed his arm and told him to stay close.

They hurried for Elena's chamber.

Not knowing the assassins already reached their target, three of them were right outside her door.

The middle one gave a quick nod to his companions checking if they were ready. Their nods gave the respond he was looking for.

It's time....

The door was barely cracking by the slow movement.

As the door finally stood wide open and they were met with a pitch black room an arrow suddenly pierced the head of the middle one.

The other two threw themselves aside and hid themselves at the side of the door out of the attackers reach.

They looked at each other planning their next move. They had a target and they weren't about to let it slip.

But the backup plan didn't even have a chance to begin as one of them suddenly started to float in the air.

The other one looked around shockingly for the next assault and spotted the old man just in time to be greeted with flying dagger piercing between the eyes.

Elena stepped out of room and ripped the mask the floating assassin unable to move at all.

'Who sent you!' she demanded not getting an answer.

The assassin was trained to keep quiet so she was not about to get anything from him.

Elena took out her dagger ready show him the meaning of true pain but stopped as the sound of a large boom suddenly filled the castle.