Chapter 10

'So what did you then?'

'Well I took his walking stick and gently shoved it back in while it was still covered in dog crap.'

'You didn't..'

'I did.'

Rebecka went on about her stories as a mercenary as the group went on trough the what seemed like an endless forest. They had been walking trough it for weeks and thankfully didn't run into any more trolls.

Dura had been mostly quiet the entire time. Elena still wondered if it was such a good idea to bring her along. The orc her kept her distance. Rarely spoken a word. And she just seemed rather bitter the entire time.

'We cant trust her. Shes a danger to us all.' Elena whispered to Rainar.

'I do not think so. She has already had many opportunities to kill us yet we are still walking.'

'She might be leading them here.'

'I doubt that. Orcs only serve their clan leaders and refuse anyone else. They value honor above anything else in this world and distrust outsiders. The fact that she's here traveling with us is an extremely rare thing.'

She still wasn't convinced.

This Dura had shown up out of nowhere and rescued Eldarin from a pack of trolls in the last minute. It all seemed a little to convenient.

And she didn't buy the story of her shamans vision. Something didn't feel right. They approached some overgrown ruins. Mostly collapsed stone structures partly covered in moss. It was one building that stood mostly intact with vines growing along the walls and spiderwebs covering the corners of the roof.

'Lets make camp here' said Rainar knowing ruins like this was the perfect spot for resting.

As Dura set of to find food and Rebecka and Elena prepared the campfire Eldarin explored the ruins. The inner walls of the ruins were covered in some kind of markings. Pictures carved into the very stone but it was hard to make out what it was.

Interesting architecture wouldn't you say?' asked Rainar joining him.

'Who built this ruins?'

'I would probably say these ones are elven. By the look of the carvings this was a temple of some sorts.'

'A temple of what?'

'Who knows? This is from a time period before the dark elves arrived and even before the first human kingdom. We don't know a lot about that era as almost all the structures and artifacts are long gone. Faded with time.'

They slowly walked among the corridor lit up the sunlight going trough the holes in the roof.

'We know only that there was an ancient elven kingdom here before the humans arrived but that's it.'

'Are ruins like this common?'

'Yes they are but as you can see. They cant tell us a lot.'

Eldarin managed to make out the shapes of people with pointy ears obviously the elves but the other carvings made no sense.They were only shapes of boxes or cubes. And then some that only looked like random shapes.

The corridor ended and they were greeted a large room with a high ceiling. The room was round and large window spaces stood in a perfect line above them.

Right in the middle was a round stone altar. The top was shaped like a glass and the sides of it was covered in runes. And the runes was covered in vines and moss that spread out all over the room completely covering the floor and spreading to the walls going higher than their heads.