The Rumor

"I heard that she would sleep with people for money."

Those ten words were just the start of what ruined my life. Of course people believed them, I mean how could you disprove a rumor.

I first heard it in second period, but I ignored it. They could be talking about a different Leandra, right? Wrong.

By fourth period I had been asked how much I charge by five different people. Each time I ignored them.

In sixth period this really tall blonde guy walked up to me.

"Yes?," I ask wearily. He doesn't answer, instead he shoves me up against a wall and begins to kiss me roughly. I try to push him away but he is too strong.

He grabs my boob and by this point I am panicking. I try to scream but he covers my mouth with his hand. His other hand goes to the button on my jeans and I try to kick him.

Apparently I did because he let go of me and I ran to the restroom. I began crying and fall to the ground.

I can't believe that just happened. I could have been raped. That thought makes me start to cry even harder. All of this because of a stupid rumor.

I get myself together and return to sixth period. I look down at my stuff and found a note with money in it.

"I had a good time, we should do it again."