Eight

"Have you even held a spade before? You have, I know. But it doesn't seem that way, mate."

Suraj eyed the Shiva-with-no-memory with an uneasy expression. It was strange to see the guy struggling with something he was so accustomed to doing.

"I think I'll get the hang of this." said Rudra, sounding more confident than he felt and gave a quick encouraging smile to Suraj.

Suraj Jadhav was the local hand that helped Ramrao Patil in his farm. Farming, Rudra had learnt, was hardly an easy job and it required manpower. He was already beginning to agree with the difficulty level of agriculture in his first lesson. He was unable to even lift the spade properly.

Rudra was attempting to glean more information about his whereabouts and he surmised that getting it out of a youngster his age was far easier than getting it out of two individuals supposed to be his parents. But for that, he had to befriend Suraj. This strategy almost always worked in the business world as well. Lull the victim in first with a false sense of security, and then attack. Lure and conquer.

Suraj meanwhile was feeling a strange uneasiness. Agreed, the man standing in front of him was Shiva even though he had no idea because of a memory loss. But something was bothering his instincts. Something was amiss.

The guy exhumed a confidence and easy grace that Shiva was incapable of ever generating. This man was sure of himself and was a far cry from the usually timid Shiva.

Something was wrong.