Lonely Person

Another freezing gust of wind entered from the opened window, swaying her golden blonde locks but she didn't falter to tuck them in. She had stopped caring about anything since a long time ago. Listening to the heartwarming music, she was lying on her bed motionless. Her old self would have definitely cried but she didn't. As the first verse of song played out, she closed her eyes.

When I'm alone in this cold night, I think about no one else but you.It's still too painful for my heart to bid goodbye,so I suppress my longings for you and go to sleep.

She had enough of it. Tears would dry at the end but a person is never going to get rid of the pain till he dies. The celestial spirit mage recalled the journey, she just had a taste of and desperately tried to sleep but the memories were haunting her, forcing her to remember each and everything as the melodic sounds enveloped across the room. She tried to fight against it but in the end, gave in to the urge.

I wish I could hear your voice right now.
I yearn for your arms right now.
If our days of separation should continue on,
then maybe we should bid each other goodbye once and for all.

She was once like this, wasn't she? His voice would resound in her ears for countless hours. Wanting to be in that person's arms, she would feel so lucky and joyous,something which her current self does not even want to think about just because of that incident. It still feels like it happened just the other day.

Flashback

They were talking yet again, in-front of her own eyes. Ever since Lisanna had come back, Natsu would chat with the white-haired mage from time to time. He would still spent most of his time with the blonde girl but she was becoming possessive and jealous to see them together. Why would she not? She had been in love with the fire dragon slayer and it was obvious enough.

Reminiscing the old events, they would talk for hours. Laughing, giggling, smiling and doing other things which would only pierce through her heart. Trying to forget what the stellar spirit mage would witness, she would withstand the spreading pain, her heart would ache but in the end she would keep herself together somehow. Her friends were concerned, Erza was troubled, Levy was worried but when they would say something ,she would lie, putting on a fake smile she was becoming master at.

Then on a day,on her way to her apartment,he stopped her. Resting his arms on his bare chest,he calmly spoke.

"Why don't you confess to him?

Her heart froze for a second as she heard the words.

"C-confess...who?"

She tried to hide it by speaking in a surprised tone. He glanced at her sharply ,analyzing her from head to toe.

"I am talking about Natsu. You like him, don't you?"

He questioned as he started to walk towards her. Her eyes widened at this. How did he know about whom she likes anyways? She stepped back, stuttering.

"N-no, I d-don't..."

He was much serious than before as he stopped right in-front of her. Making an eye-to-eye contact, he confidently spoke.

"Lucy,I know about you more than you think."

Her eyes,spread again but this time there was moisture in them. He flicked her forehead gently. It hurt a little. The tears she was holding back, fell abruptly.