Chapter 7

So, I'd had my week in Spain with Gabe and it was great. I actually had fun! I guess I managed to mostly forget about the whole mystery of my parents' past because truth is, it didn't matter right then. It didn't matter because my parents looked like they were having fun just hanging in a palace in Spain. With Gabe, their best friend, the King. Everything was cool.

I did say was.

"Miss me?"

"No, surprisingly not," I rolled my eyes.

I'm starting to learn how to handle these boys. Leaving all parents behind (though Liam has probably knocked up a couple girls sadly enough), me, Alex, Liam, Griffin, Livi, Frankie and I had headed off to le Paris. - français is one language I do speak.

You couldn't tell, could you?

So here we are, best hotel in Paris with the view of le tour d'Eiffel. We all have the money for it - our parents all became just as successful as their own. I hope that continues to get passed on.

"You know what I said back in Spain about, you know, all of that?" I whispered to Livi.

She nodded subtly as she sat on the bed next to me, fully aware the others are in here too.

"Well, maybe it doesn't matter."

"Are you serious? It sounded so exciting and amazing - you can't just ignore something like that!"

I rolled my eyes. Can't I? No one seems to want me to know... though I guess that should only make me more curious.

And... wasn't it the whole reason I wanted to be here?

"So! Rooms?" Liam looked around at all of us. I made sure to speak fast.

"Well obviously the girls are sticking together - we'll take this one!"

They all just shrugged, as you would expect but I wasn't taking any chances.

"And us?"

All the guys shrugged at each other. I don't think any of them cared but at the same time didn't want to seem harsh by picking.

"Frankie and Griffin can go in the interlinking room to this one and you whores can go across the hall," Livi said decidedly.

"Sure you two will need the space for all the French girls," she added, nodding toward Liam and Alex as she lay back on the bed.

Frankie mouthed 'thank you' at her. Griffin is probably easiest to deal with. Trust Livi to notice that and how it affects Frankie. Though I'm pretty sure she just did it so she doesn't have to have a room linking into the others. Then again, we could have had the other one.

"I know we could have had the other one but have you seen it? This is by far the best," she whispered to me. I'm sure she can read my thoughts.

"French girls or American," Alex winked at me.

I was surprised to find myself laughing instead of rolling my eyes. His pick-up lines can be pretty funny, especially as most of the time they're only jokes anyway. My laughing stopped abruptly when I realised what I was doing.

"Wow, she laughed. You're getting better," Griffin grinned and opened the door to the next room.

I sighed and headed out to the balcony. This actually looks like it could be fun. But possibly a little complicated. What with the two totally separate divisions of people and us all being here for different reasons... Well, them to have fun and Alex may be slightly with me on the whole parents thing. I stayed out on the balcony a while and when I glanced back in the room, no one was there and I could faintly hear a bath running. I turned back to the beautiful Eiffel Tower, the stars, moon - it is beautiful.