Chapter Four: Sometimes The Truth Does Set You Free

I used my left hand to prop myself up whilst still holding onto Angela’s little hand. James and Cain pulled me up by my arms and Angela crawled into bed with me. She was rolling around and laughing when I continued with my story.

“It happened when it was my 14th birthday. My powers fully activated and I was taken over by the Darkdragon” I said. “Darkdragon is a combination of Brightdragon and Shadowdragon when we get very emotional. Back to the story. The people who lived in the town hated me because they believed I was either the daughter of Satan or his child bride. Sometimes both. Mum caught a lot of it too. When my powers hit me, all of my emotions fuelled Darkdragon to go on a killing spree of the people. I killed men, women and children. I was just so angry” I finished.

You know that saying, the truth you set you free? Well, there might be some truth in that. I did feel better after that. Sandi looked at me like I was a bomb which was just about to explode. Maybe I was. I shook my head side to side like a wet dog, to clear away any of my thoughts. I asked everyone to leave me alone so I could have a wash and change.

I stripped off my clothes and walked into the shower. I tilted my head back as the hot water floods from the shower head. I take a nice long shower, taking time to wash away the dirt. After my shower, I dried and changed into my merc’s costume. I walked out to the lounge room where Angela gave me a hug and some chocolate chip, gummy bear, skittles and chopped up Mars bar ice cream. Disgustingly delicious.

Taskmaster’s POV

I groaned as I was kicked in the stomach to wake up. I blinked and saw Outlaw and Alex on the floor nearby. I slowly sat up, wondering where Sandi and Deadpool were. The person who kicked me had their back to me and began kicking Agent X. He did what I did, but only Alex kicked the person in the shin. The person growled and kicked harder. The growl sounded sort of like Deadpool. I must be hearing things; the drugs mustn’t have worn off yet. “Deadpool! Not so hard” shouted out a voice from a dark corner. Deadpool stopped kicking and went over to Outlaw and pulled her into a sitting position by her hair. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists.

The person ordering Deadpool around walked out of the corner with a young Spanish or Mexican woman following him. Black Swan. Bastard. Deadpool walked up to and stood behind Black Swan, next to the woman. Black Swan walked up to me and put his face directly in front mine.

“Hello Tony. How are you today?” the asshole asked politely.

I didn’t respond for a while. “Fuck off you ugly bitch” I grinned. Black Swan growled and smashed my head with a cane he used to prop up his right leg. I started to pass out as I heard Black Swan talking to Alex.

“Hello Alex. How are you? Remember me?”