Chapter 14: His Place After School

WILLA'S POV

I still had to process what I was seeing, I must've been silent for about two whole minutes, his house was similar to those extravagant, yet elegant in a sort of way kind of houses that celebrities own, all that was missing was the view of a beach and you would feel like you were in Malibu.

"How did..." I said sort of motioning towards the house, not even knowing how to begin to ask.

"Right, let me explain." He said, beckoning me to follow him. We walked passed what appeared to be the living room, where there was a huge flat screen plasma TV at least 52 inches, and a surround system, but it wasn't any regular surround system, the living room had this sort of rocky, water theme, the floor was marble, the chairs were shaped like rock beam bags, with a soft cushion on top, and then the speakers looked like rocks, and water appeared to flow through them, don't ask me how that was possible.

"Then I saw the kitchen as well, which was very classy, and neat, it had nice marble counters, it seemed like the room with the most homey feel, perhaps it was the wooden cabinets which gave that impression. Then we reached some stairs, they were cool stairs, they seemed to be part of the wall, they were glass stairs, which appeared to sort of hang out from the green wall, on one set from left to right, a short turn then right to left. I was reluctant to use the stairs though, they seemed so fragile. There wasn't any banister, and the stairs were separated from each other, that's too much of a risk!

Demetri began to walk up, he was about 4 steps up, and then he noticed the absence of following footsteps, and so he turned around to face me.

"Well?"

"Hey, why don't we just rehearse down here instead?" I asked, not wanting him to know that I was afraid of using the stairs.

"No, we're going upstairs come on, it's much better trust me..."

"No I'm fine here," I paused, he looked at me contemplatively," I like the....um ...air" Really Willa really the air, that's the best you could come up with?! My intimidating inner voice snapped at me.

"Well, I have plenty of good air upstairs if that's your concern..." He teased.

"No, it's just..." I didn't know how to put it.

"You're afraid of the stairs aren't you..."

"Well, not afraid exactly, they just look dangerous..."

"Oh they are, but you're still going to come up."

"You know for someone who's trying to make me get upstairs you sure don't put out a convincing pitch."

"Okay try this, I'm going upstairs, and I'm not getting down till you get up, that means you have no way to get home, which means that you'll get into a lot of tro-"

"Fine, I get it!"

"Good, I knew you weren't all stupid..." He said with a smug smile.

"Shut up! You don't know who you're talking to!" I yelled, it's not something I usually do, but Demetri pushed the wrong buttons.

"I'm only kidding, these stairs are fine I promise." He said, his extravagant sliver-blue eyes seemed to hold such great sincerity.

"Okay fine I'm coming." I said as I proceeded to follow Demetri.

When we were up the first set of stairs, I was able to see the living room, at a perfect view; it was illuminated by the huge window which extended from the first floor to the second, it was beautiful, outside the window I noticed the huge backyard which had beautiful green grass, and a swing set weirdly enough... I don't really have anything against swing sets but I was a bit puzzled as to why Demetri had a swing set, he lives alone, and he seems a bit too old for a swing set, and it's not possible that he grew up with it because he moved in only a few weeks ago...