Chapter 4

"Bailey! Goodness me, you're grounded!" Mother says, drinking a coffee.

"You didn't phone or text though." I state, feeling a bit hurt.

"You're brothers about to call." She explains. I nod. Finally the phone rings after fifteen minutes of awkward silences between me and Mother.

"Tom! Yes... Oh dear.. And- oh! Is she pretty?.... Well then... Hmmm... Okay... Speak to Bailey? Okay, love you bye..." She hands the phone to me.

"Bailey." Thomas says. I can't sense any emotion in his voice.

"Sorry Thomas. I didn't mean what I said. You're my brother. I love you, Kay?" I apologise.

"Me too. Forgive and forget?"

"Yeh. Thanks bro."

"So. What have you been up to?"

"I've been hanging out with the neighbours. Don't tell mum." I say once hidden from mum and in my room.

"Girls?"

"Nah boys.."

"Hmmm.. What's their names?" He asks.

"Louis, Liam, Zayn, Harry, and Niall." He's silent for a while.

"Stay the hell away from them. Block them, never see them again." He snarls.

"Why? I'm seeing them tonight." I shrug, slightly confused

"Like hell you are." Thomas shouts. Tears water in my eyes at his harsh words.

"Why?" I ask again.

"I used to know them... Don't get involved with them before its too late. Do you hear me?" He yells. My hands shake.

"What?" I ask again. A voice says that his time on the phone is up.

"Stay away. Please." He begs this time. The phone goes silent. My mouth hangs open. Something about my brothers voice is strange. I've never heard him talk like that. His voice sounded... Urgent? I'm left with so many questions. And I need answers.

I phone Liam to tell them that I can't talk to them. I decided to obey my brother, but only until the next phone call. I decide on Liam because he is the most mature I think.

"Hey it's Liam." Liam says. Another chorus of hi's and hello's from the other boys are there. Of course, he put it on speaker.

"Erm hey... Well I kinda-"

"Wanna come round instead?" Louis interrupts. I shake my head then realise I need to talk.

"Nope."

"Oh. Okay.." Harry says.

"Well. I can't hang around with you anymore... So sorry. My brother said I'm not allowed cos you're dangerous and that but... Yeh. You guys are really close friends but he said no so... I'm sorry." My voice breaks out the end and I find myself crying.

"What?!" I hear Liam exclaim. I can't talk anymore, I can't trust my voice.

"Sorry." I cry, and hang up. They all immediately start calling an texting but I switch my phone off. I take out the ice cream on my fridge and stick on a film.

I start weeping once The Notebook finishes. It's so sad yet so cute. My favourite film by far. F. A. R. I love it. I realise it's eleven O Clock and I get into my Pyjamas and into bed. That's when I hear my window crash and break, and tall dark figures run into my room. One wraps a hand round my mouth as I try to scream for help. I black out in panic.