Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! Decided to go for another book

Anyways this chapter is mainly introductions

Picture above is Ava

Enjoy (:

___________________________
Pound! Goes the sound of the red dodge ball as is hits the side of my face, forcing my glasses fly off.

When I say I hate dodge ball. I mean it! It's just a bunch of kids forcefully throwing balls at each other, while you dodge the balls to save your life or just to steer clear of embarrassment. It's like a war zone, and making us play this in p.e. should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

After getting hit with the dodgeball, I quickly scooped up my glasses and scurried off the court. Some people looked worried about me, while others faces were red from laughing so much. Even though it's embarrassing, I can't blame them because sometimes I too find myself snickering when someone gets hit hard with a dodgeball. Did I feel bad for laughing? Of course. Sometimes.

I go sit down on the gym benches and wait for the dodgeball game to end. Usually the last people to survive were the really athletic, confident people.

Anyways my name is Ava Dye. I have thick brunette hair and light brown eyes. I am five foot and three inches, and am considered to be quite awkward. I am mostly quiet unless someone talks to me. I mainly talk to three people at my school: my older brother, my twin sister, and my best friend, Layla.

My older brother, Kyle, is a year older than me; he is a senior and is on the football team. He is basically your stereotypical jock: he plays sports, likes to party, and couldn't care less about school work. We talk mostly at home since he tries to avoid me at school. Literally, when I was a freshmen if he saw me coming down the hall he would make a sharp turn down another hallway because he thinks I am an embarrassment. Some people don't even know that we are related but the whole thing doesn't bother me anymore.

My twin sister, Brittany, talks to me a bit more in school, at least more than my brother. She is completely opposite of me; she is the captain on the cheer team. She is super outgoing and popular. She is always in a good mood, which can also be annoying. We basically disagree on everything and she has a tendency to ignore me; sometimes when I am right next to her it's like she forgets I'm even there. So that's basically my sibling life, now to move on to the best person in my life, my best friend, Layla.

Layla and I have known each other since kindergarten and are practically sisters. She has black long hair with bright blue eyes. She is athletic and is on the volleyball team and I go to some of her games to support her. We have quite different personalities but somehow you have managed to stick together.

After seating on the bench alone for a bit, Layla came and sat next to me. She was in my p.e. class but she always lasted longer than me in dodgeball.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern. "I saw you take one to the face," she said.

"Yeah I'm fine. It was just so embarrassing and I have a bigger hate for dodgeball," I responded.

"Yep, it is pretty terrible. Did you want to come over after school?" Layla asked me. Layla and I always hang out together, whether I am at her house or she is at mine.

"Yes I do, we should watch a movie or do something fun."

"Yeah I know, we should bake a cake. I have the ingredients and everything for it," she said excitedly.

"Yum! Okay."
----------------------------------------------
    The school day had just ended and somehow I was still at school. Oh that's right, I had to wait on my sister since we drive the same car. She obviously didn't understand the little patience I had for her because she was still talking to her friends and ignoring me as always. This happens like everyday. In fact one day I got grounded  because I just left without her. Right now I was just waiting right behind her and her friends, and every now and then I would roll my eyes at their long, ridiculous conversations about nothing of importance.

"So Brittany, are you coming shopping with us today?" Brittany's friend, Tiffany, says.

"I don't know yet. I have to ask my sister if she has important plans, which I doubt she does haha. Where is she anyway?" Brittany answers starting to look around.

"Really? I'm right behind you. I'm here like almost everyday," I snapped.

"My bad didn't even notice you. Why are you always standing by us eavesdropping anyway? You look like an awkward creep?" Brittanys glares at me.

"I wouldn't have to stand here if you would be considerate and not make me wait so long just so you can gossip," I explain in annoyance.

"Whatever. I'm not arguing with you right now. See you later girls," Brittany says goodbye to her friends and walks off to the direction of our car with me following behind her.

  We both get in the car and I decided to turn the radio on and the song Me, Myself, and I by G-Eazy and Bebe Rexha was on. I liked the song since it was so relatable for me. I spend most of my time alone and don't even get me started on my love life because it doesn't existed.

"Why do you always have to be such an embarrassment?" Brittany suddenly says.

"I'm not," I reply with a mild tone.

Then there was a few minutes of silence.

"Do you need to go anywhere today?" Brittany asked.

"Yes, can you drop me off at Layla's?" I ask.

"Sure," she says "Do you ever think about making other friends?" Brittany asked.

"Not really. Why?" I curiously ask.

"Nothing really. Well, I just always see Layla look so happy and having fun with her volleyball friends; I'm afraid that she will abandon you one day," Brittany says with concern.

"I doubt that," I say softly as I look out the window.