Chapter 4

Picture of Jake ^
-----------------------------------------
"Omg Av! I just brought the perfect dress for you for the party tonight," Layla held up a black tight dress.

Yes, I had agreed to go to the party and both my siblings were going too. My parents are out for two days on a business trip. Which is very convenient because we can all easily go to this party without getting caught.

"Heck no. I can't wear that!" I say in disgust.

"Why not? It's super cute," Layla said looking at the dress.

"It's too short and tight," I protested.

"Oh please, girls at these type of parties wear way worse and plus we are trying to fit in," Layla said trying to persuade me.

"Fine. I guess. You only live once," I said still trying to persuade myself.

I put on the dress and turned around and looked into the mirror. Honestly I did look good in it. Different, but good.

"See it looks great! You're going to be a major catch tonight," Layla winked and laughed.

Layla and I finished doing our hair and makeup.

"Are you two almost ready?" Kyle yelled from downstairs. "Brittany and I are ready to go."

"Yes, we are done," I yelled.

Layla and I both walked downstairs together.

"Your wearing that?" Kyle asked in a concerned tone.

"Omg sis! You look so cute!" Brittany shrieked.

"Thanks," I was puzzled by their opposing reactions.

"I think its inappropriate," Kyle said.

"I don't care what you think. You're not dad," I said.

"Whatever. I'm driving," Kyle said clearly still bothered.

"Shotgun," Brittany called out.

"This is going to be so much fun," Layla said following them.

The car ride to the party was pretty awesome . Kyle had the radio on. Brittany, Layla, and I were all singing really loud and having a good time.

We arrived to the party.

"Okay everyone meet back at the car at 11:30," Kyle annouced. Then we all got out the car.

It was a huge house, like a mansion. You could hear the music pumping from outside and see the disco lights through the windows. There were some people hanging out and talking outside with red cups in their hands.

"Let's go inside," Layla said.

Layla and I walked slowly inside together. There was a bunch of guys and girls dancing very close to each other on the crowded dance floor.

"I will be right back, stay right here," Layla said and then she walked off. I was alone.

I just stood in a corner, feeling very awkward and out of place. Then Layla showed up, tagging along a guy with her. He had glasses and curly hair and was very cute.

"Hey Ava, this is Max. And Max, this is Ava," Layla said. Oh great she was trying to set me up. "I just thought you two should meet each other since you are so similar," Layla smiled.

"Hey," Max extended his hand out.

"Hi," I shook his hand nervously.

"Well, I'm going to get something to drink. You two have fun," Layla winked at me. Was she serious? Layla had just did the oldest trick in the book.

After I few seconds I smiled at Max and asked "So how do you know Layla?''

"Last year we were both in the math club. She isn't in it this year. She says she is really busy, I guess with volleyball," Max explained.

"Yeah, she loves volleyball. It's like her life and she is really good at it,'' I said.

I could tell that Max was the shy, geeky type like me. 

"So do you like to read?" Max asked.

"Yes. Love it. I'm currently reading Michael Vey. It's a series," I said. Maybe I will like this guy.

"Sounds interesting. I will have to check it out. I am glad that Layla introduced us. Do you want to dance?" Max asked.

I looked at the dance floor. "I don't really dance well. In fact, I'm an embarrassment," I said laughing.

"It's fine. Come on," he said dragging me out to the dance floor. "We can be an embarrassment together," he smirked.

Max started to do the sprinkler and I was doing the wave through my arms. We were both laughing and having a good time. While we were dancing I glanced at Layla, who was with a guy has well. They were laughing and talking. Maybe this party was a good idea. It's fun to get out of the house every once in awhile.