09) SARA gets some background

Sara - Saturday

"Because you, dear girl, are a witch."

Is that an insult? Did I hear her right?

"Perfectly normal for you to be in disbelief. It was a surprise to me as well," Magda is back to sipping her tea. I can do nothing but sit there like a clam. My eyes have gotten used to the dimness in the room, but I feel more uneasy than ever. How can you not, when your sister is laying unconcious beside you?

"Ordenarily, a witch exibits her powers at a much earlier age and has family whom are also witches as such powers are passed through blood lines. Yours is a strange case indeed. Neither you nor your sister appear to have been touched by the moon, but my sdljdsd potion had no effect on you."

That's probably because I took only a tiny sip, I think. I finally find my voice. "That's all very, uh, interesting but, what about my sister?" I ask.

"Sdljsd. I had planned to erase both your sister's and your memories of last night, and replace them with more 'practical' memories. It would have wrapped everything up nicely. But, that is no longer an option. You are a kindred spirit, it seems."

"Kindred spirit?" Codie mutters. I sigh in relief. "Ow," Codie rubs her head as she sits up. "I feel like I've hit my head on something. What?" She asks when she sees me looking at her with concern. "Did I fall asleep?" "How do you feel?" I ask. "Fine, fine. You know what? I think we've stayed here long enough. Thanks for the tea, Mrs--," "Wolfe," the woman answers. She's looking at us both wryly. Then she sighs. "Before you get up, answer me this.

And then, of couse, there are my crystals. You saw something in them, did you not?"