STWM 2

STWM 2

KAGAT-LABING sinundan ng mata ni Emsy ang lalaking kapapasok lamang ng restaurant. He took the table on inconspicuous part of the diner and settled himself; back facing her direction. Hindi niya mapigilang pakatitigan ang malapad nitong balikat.

Pilyang napangisi siya nang maalala kung anong nakapantutulo-laway na tanawin mayroon sa ilalim ng white sleeves nito. She may dislike men romantically, but she's not that too naïve and frigid. She's still a woman and she knew fully well how to appreciate and assess the opposite sex. Hindi naman siya ganoon ka-bitter kahit na nasobrahan siya sa kapeng barako at ampalaya.

And that man, Don Vitaliano, the one whom she will seduce, is with no doubt more gorgeous in person than in mere photos. Eksaherada man pero hindi nabigyan ng katarungan ng mga kuha nitong litrato ang mala-Adonis nitong kaguwapuhan.

She clucked her tongue. That was too much compliment in her part. She knew better that everything good about the man were all just in outer layer; inside he might be a wicked beast.

Tatlong araw na rin nang simulan niyang pag-aralan ang bawat kilos at mga galaw nito. Kung tutuusin ay hindi niya na kailangan pang gawin iyon dahil lahat ng kanyang dapat malaman ay nakapaloob na sa impormasyong ibinigay ng kanyang Boss. It must be curiosity that compelled her to do so, but hell, at least she's enjoying herself outside at the same time, before she finally do the final move. And that will be later that night.

At the bachelor's party he'll be attending few hours to go with his collegeues, she'd execute her job. At magkahalong kaba at excitement ang nararamdaman niya sa gagawin!

"Don't give me that nonsense excuse, brother. You know too well that I don't like associating with the likes of them, and now you're asking me to go in your stead? Nice joke, brother, but no, it didn't humor me even a bit." Anang nito nang nakalapat ang cellphone sa tainga.

Nangunot ang noo niya sa tono ng pananalita nito. Three days of studying her prey and she could say something's off with him. The firmness of his voice, perhaps? Normally, the way he spoke was coated with mischief and easy vibe.

Behind the thick frame of her disguise eyeglasses, she squinted her eyes and noticed something different about him again. He got his hair in clean cut, like military cut, not messy anymore.

Oh, well... the party must be something Don Vitaliano looked forward to.

"Don't sh*t with me, brother. No, I will not. It's your problem to deal with and my good self not to meddle with."

Emsy was still busy scrutinizing him from the back when he suddenly looked over his shoulders, eyes scanning the entire resto. Mabuti na lamang ay mabilis siyang nagbaba ng tingin sa in-order na pasta at umaktong sinusuri iyon. And she can felt it... the set of curious eyes bore on her.

"Brother, may I ask you a question?" A moment of paused. "By any chance, have you done something terrible again? Yeah, like running away after impregnating some random woman or hooking up with married woman. I was just wondering, that's why."

Muntik na siyang mabulunan sa sinabi nito. Seryoso? Kahit ba naman may asawa na ay talaga namang -ugh! The nerve of this man!

Ramdam niya pa rin ang mga mata nito sa kanya habang umiinom ng ice tea.

"Oh, is that so? Nah, everything's fine. It was just me and my curiosity."

Emsy peeked under her eyelashes and boy, Don Vitaliano's eyes were still fixed on her. Damn!

Sa 'di niya malamang kadahilanan ay parang sinisilihan ang kanyang p'wetan sa paraan ng pagtitig nito sa kanya. It was as if she's a test subject examined by a mad scientist.... its f*cking unnerving.