Chapter 1: Childhood Friend

I've heard your world is round, it's incredible because ours isn't. Maybe you think this is just another fictional story created by one of your men from their mind and imagination, I'm sorry to say but you're wrong. We are real, and we are human. My name is Lucas, Lucas Raiden. I came from the world of Madrigal, far from yours. In a town called Flaris where magic can be seen anywhere, even in the depths of the sea. We strive to live through killing monsters with the use of our skills mostly outside the town or anywhere as long as they can be seen. I work as a vagrant in my father's guild house and will stay like this until the age of twenty. I help my mother serve my father's men as I brought closer to them like sharing of what I would want to be when I grow older, yet my father would end the discussion for he wants me to be a knight by the time I fulfill my second job, like him. But now I'm savouring this moment with the one I love, on a grassy mountain where she leans upon me, arms tightly wrapped around her while feeling the warmth of my chest againts her back. Facing the town peacefully with it's evening lights at a time of dusk with it's normal and soothing weather.

"So you're finally getting your job ..." she said in a low tone as if she's happy and a little bit sad in the same time.

"I don't need anything if it was to leave you ..." I frankly said with a little sadness as she adorably smiled.

"Well don't worry ..." she said with a little humorous tempo while slightly turning her head towards left to feel my breathing. "Soon I'll turn twenty, and when I get my job, I'll find you. Then we'll form a guild together ..." she's motivating me with a smile, but I think it's just a form of hope.

"When will that be?" I asked as if her words are impossible and I'm just hopeless.

"Well ... uh ..." a sudden change of emotion "You know what, we should just be happy you're finally gonna be a mercenary tonight" she smiled with motivation as if she's trying not to make the moment emotional.

I kept staring at the town, a slight smile on my face, observing how quick the evening came, bearing what she said deeply in my mind. Took a little silence between us "I will really miss you Elspeth" I sincerely and slowly said, placing my forehead on the back of her head where I could smell the scent of her hair. Closed my eyes and shed some tears, as she slightly widen her eyes and slowly faced back north.

"Luke ..." she frowned, slightly faced down, covered her lips with her right palm as she closed her eyes and quickly wiped the first tear with her finger "Look what you've done Luke, you just made me cry ..." her voice while crying, she's holding her emotions, I can tell. I smiled with teary eyes and with all the tears on my cheeks as she did the same. She still looks beautiful while frowning, smiling and shedding tears at the same time.

I would love to spend the night with her, but it would be disrespectful and stupid of me if I wouldn't be present in a celebration meant for me, especially if my family are the ones who prepared it with hard work. It's heartbreaking leaving Elspeth just to take this job, holding a sword, killing more monsters to gain more experience until it's enough for me to become knight, the job my father hoped I'd be. She was just my childhood friend until we became something, she is my everything. My family accepted her with full heart as long as she'll stay as an inspiration, not some disturbance or hurdle that will lessen my interest in achieving a dream I never wanted. I don't think so, she will always stay in my heart and mind.

The guild house is huge yet was just made of wood including the long table at the middle, but everything was perfectly prepared by the time me and Elspeth went inside. My father's men, drinking, eating with all the other visitors are having a good time. Mother kept on serving with the help of the other orphan vagrants which all I treat as my brothers and sisters.

"There he is!" It wasn't long before father noticed. He stood and went closer "Come, take a seat son" he dragged me as if our strengths are equal, when will he ever notice that his biceps aren't as tremendous as mine. He didn't even lend a single hand to Elspeth, it's a good thing mother took her to the ladies, they know each other anyway.

I greeted father and his members but it's odd why I still feel a bit shy. They kept on talking about my future, job and everything. But all I think about is Elspeth. I'm just, desperate.

"Son? Son ... Son!" father has awaken me from this daydream. What's wrong with me?

"Y-you ready son?" he asked as I respond and nod while wiping my eyes with two fingers. It's like I just woke up from a long nap. Father stood and went in front beside the weapon table as he requested everyone's attention.

"Good evening uh ... ladies and gentlemen." his voice had always been deep. "Uh ... We have gathered here today, to celebrate ... my son Lucas Raiden, or also known as his nickname Luke, his twentieth birthday." and there an applause has been given to me. It's flattering and embarrassing at the same time, made me scratch my hair. "Oh, and not just that." he continued talking as they finished clapping and started listening. "Uh, we have decided. That instead of fulfilling his very first job by his own, we wanted to celebrate this wonderful achievement with each and one of you." everybody was surprised, it's a privilege for all of them. "So may we request on Michael, our only wiseman here and of course our celebrant Lucas to come in front for the blessing." I got nervous, do I really want this?. Michael was standing before the wooden weapon table facing the crowd while I stood the opposite side that the audience can barely see him. "My son Luke here, is now about to choose his weapon ..." father's just trying to detail the event. On the table are four weapons. A bow, wand, knuckle and a sword. "This is it son ..." father whispering while facing the people. "choose the sword ..." he's just desperate.

My right hand is shaking, so are my feet. I've been thinking this the whole time. My conscience is killing me, they're waiting for my decision, so silent. I know it'll disappoint my father, but ... "I choose the knuckle!" I said confidently, some were shocked and surprised, especially father. I took and wore the weapon, faced them and raised it up. "I, Lucas Raiden ... has decided to be an assist, and soon will fulfill, his second job, as a billposter!" I announced proudly.

"What are you doing Lucas!?" father is still in the state of shock. You can see his anger through him frowning and eyes widen.

The wiseman then pointed his staff towards me for the blessing where this golden light fill upon me and brought me up. I can feel my vagrant clothes turning into this incredible suit, my buff stick was placed on my back held by a cloth connected to my suit as rough as a black dragon's skin and the knuckle changed it's form and size that covered my right arm and as hard as metal.

Everyone saw the whole transformation that amazed some of the other visitors and gave me an applause, but it wasn't for Elspeth, my family and father's men. "Seize that girl!" father pointing Elspeth, ordered his men with full anger that shocked the people of the sudden happening.

"Elspeth!" I shouted as father held me with force, dying just to see the awful way they seize the one I love.

"Is this because of her!?" father's fierceful eyes are so close to mine, fist wrapped at my suit's colar and I can feel his deep breathing that only tells how truly mad he is.

"No father!" I was only about to push him but I accidentally punched him with the use of the metal knuckle at his chest that brought him hardly on the wall unconscious, the people were frightened. I never wanted to do such a thing. "I'm sorry father ..." I then used my very first skill as an assist, I punched the ground massively that created a crack running towards father's men who held Elspeth.

"Or - fin - dor - gi - lease!" mother being a RingMaster used a special skill with the use of her rare and high leveled buff stick that canceled my skill and made time, except for her, ran slow in a short period of time, but the spell will directly disappear to people whom she will touch bare hand.

I was like in a sudden and short dream yet so slow, then suddenly while I was on my knees and knuckle on the ground, a hand was placed on my left shoulder. When I looked up it was mother with Elspeth crying beside her yet everyone were moving so slow. "Go, take this" mother said as she took my left hand and lend me this teleportation blinkwing. "Escape her, go to Darkon, now!"