Chapter 2: Three Clown Gods (Part 1/2)

Magic is incredible, isn't it?. Magic can travel anywhere, but if there's something that blocks from it, it really can't get in. Your world is in it's first Aura, which means only souls can enter easily and there are only few extraordinary things that can break through, but magic? it's possible ... but it needs a crowd who truly believes. Our world is in the third, opposite to yours and I guess by now you've tasted a glimpse of how magic works in Madrigal, it's everywhere. But what's the point of having magic if you're separated from the one you love? Magic existed because of love.

I decided to leave Elspeth even though it's awfully heartbreaking, but I had no choice. She'll die living in a place not suited for her condition and this kind of situation. I told mother to bring her far from town, Flaris only consumes a small part of the whole land. Perhaps father would start a search, but whatever he plans to do he just can't change what I am now. And it won't be long before I return to escape Elspeth from that hopeless land and take her to live with me peacefully in the town of Saint Morning.

And now I'm still floating in this black and silent area. Can't see anything, only means that I'm still teleporting. By the time I can open my eyes, I will finally know how it feels like being in the place I've always wanted since I was just this defenseless vagrant. Darkon, the so far industrialized continent. It's said to be that their technology is highly advanced among all places in Madrigal. This huge enhancement was meant for the expedition creating mines upon discovering it's abundance in rare gems and minerals throughout it's land.

But I don't understand, it's so ... cold. It can't be snow, Darkon had never experienced winter. But it feels like it. As I slowly open my eyes, I felt highly shocked for the land I stood was near Flaris! The blinkwing should've failed me in teleporting towards Darkon, but where are my weapons? What's left is the suit I'm wearing. Last thing is that I did left in the evening, but it wasn't snowing, and most especially ... it was spring.

I had no choice, I slowly went towards town, sneaking ... father or his men might see me. But it seems that the whole place is silent, so lonely as if it's abandoned. No lights, maybe the people are asleep, but how can that be? Snow on the ground, house roofs, everywhere ... as if a strong blizzard passed through it. I can feel it ... something's different, something's wrong.

Snow kept falling with the same frigid wind as I search for my father's guild house. But it wasn't long before I fell on my knees, intensely shocked ... seing my only home completely wrecked, all destroyed! What's left are it's broken pieces of wood ... I faced down empty and hopeless, crying ... tears upon the white ground. Who did this!? Who took my family!? What for god sake happened!?

Then suddenly after a moment of full sadness and depression ... "L-Luke?" that voice, that very familiar voice I know, coming from behind me that widen my eyes, tears all over and made me face back north, "Luke? ... Lucas my son, is that you?". I slowly turned my head back from behind. And there I felt this indescribable happiness, that brought me hope ... as I saw my beloved mother standing right two steps behind me, alive. She's waiting for my arrival, it's written all over her face, worried. I saw how teary her eyes was, but somehow I can see this odd changes upon her self. She slowly took a step, staring at me as if she couldn't believe my presence. She went down, both hands on my cheeks, looked surprisingly happy. She then immediately embraced me while I was still getting over the unexpected happening. I shed tears, eyes open.

Then all of a sudden the skies were filled rapidly with darkness as the thunder roars that broke the moment. Mother then quickly took a blinkwing from behind, covered by her cloak. Smashed it on the ground that created a portal I've never seen before and far from normal, where it immediately teleported us ... then we disappeared.

"Lucas! ... Lucas son wake up!" mother has awaken me, I'm on the ground. For a second I thought everything was just a dream.

"M-mother?" I slowly tried openning my eyes "W-where are we?". She then lend me a hand and I stood with support. Wiped both eyes with a finger, "I-it's ... Flaris ..." I said surprisingly, seeing everything back to normal with this sunny weather so perfect that brings a slight joy effortlessly. The only thing missing are it's people.