Chapter 1: Waterfalls and promise rings.

Chapter 1

It all started on the night of my sixteenth birthday. I was planning on going to the movies with a few of my friends and my boyfriend when it all went wrong.

The day started when my mom came up into my room with homemade chocolate chip waffles with whipped cream on top. Not to mention a small but obviously going to be great present.

"Happy Birthday Auden!" I know what your thinking, what kind of parents name their kid Auden, well my mom is an english professor at a University, she got it from a poem or something. My dad was totally against it though, he wanted to call me Brianna, because it was different but not way out there. My dad used to call me A, he never did agree with my name.

I look at the present, not sure if I should eat the waffles or open it first, I am really hungry. "Open the gift!" My mom urges. I guess she made the choice for me.

I slowly unwrap the gift carefully like I always do, saving the bow, just because it's cute. When I get to the box, which is a Christmas orange box I see she wrapped the whole thing in packing tape, she does this every year. So I look at her and stick my hand out, she sticks the handle of the knife in my hand, she never comes with out a knife, knowing how unpatient I am. When I finally get it open I see she has gotten me car keys! She got me a car!

"You got me a car! Really Mom! Thank you, thank you, thank you." I jump up off my bed and hug her like a little girl.

"Your welcome Auden, you can drive get Kyle to drive it to the movies for you. I'd let you drive but you can't drive yet, your test is in three days." Three days, man that's like forever. "And you get to find all your presents again this year." Every year my mom hids my presents everywhere, one time she actually went to the school and got one in my locker. I find presents weeks after my birthday.

"Thanks mom, make sure to remember where they are this year so we don't lose them again." She's lost so many presents.

"Okay, well eat your waffles then get ready, you have plans with Kyle today." My mom tells me while walking out of the door. Kyle's my boyfriend, we've been dating for three years now and I love him so much. He is a year older than me, but he acts like a two year old, it's true what they say, men don't mature.

After I'm done eating my pancakes I go shower. After I shower I shove my long brunette hair into a ponytail and let it dry like that, it's naturally straight anyways. I decide to torture my eyes with some mascara and eyeliner then put a little bit of foundation on to make sure to clog my pores (not really but that's what it does.) and I run downstairs when I realize I'm late and Kyle's probably already here.

When I get downstairs I see Kyle's downstairs talking to my mom and helping her with the dishes, I love how they're both so close, it makes me think he is for sure a keeper. On our first date he brought me and my mom both flowers, he is such a suck up, but he's my suck up. "Sorry Kyle! I didn't mean to take so long, you just know how much I love my showers." Kyle turns around and gives me a peck, my mom doesn't care, she knows I love him.

"It's alright, bye Mrs. Greene."

"I told you to call me Karen." My mom says laughing as we walk out the door.

"So, where are we going?" I say when I hop onto his deathtrap, or motorcycle, whatever you wanna call it, it scares me.

"It's a suprise." He says handing me a blindfold. Oh man, a blindfold on a deathtrap. God that scares me.

"O-okay." I shove the blinding device on my face and squeeze Kyle as hard as I can, which only makes him laugh. When I feel us start to move I almost screamed, I kept it in though knowing Kyle would never let me hear the end of it.

I feel him lead me onto some grass after we finally parked , why would we be on grass, we usually go to a McDonald's or something. Don't judge, I just love fast food.

"Kyle, where are we?" He better tell me, he knows I hate suprises.

"We're almost there, use that patience you have been storing for times like these, I know you have some patience hidden in you deep down." Ha, that's funny, if a meal takes more than fifteen minutes to make it to my table I throw a fit, no matter what. On our first date I actually convinced him to take us to a McDonalds instead of a fancy restraunt. Who would've though he would?

"Are we there yet." Man, I hate this, waiting is not my thing.

"Yeah, we are take your blindfold off." While I take my blindfold off I hear the whooshing of water, like really loud water, and I smell pine. When my blindfolds off I can't see anything for a few seconds because of the sun in my eyes. When my eyes finally adjust I hear Kyle yell then a big splash. We are in the middle of a forest at a lake with a waterfall.

While I start to strip I hear Kyle whistle, I give him the finger for thinking like that. When I stop at my underwear I hear him tell me to take it all off. Shaking my head I jumping in the water yelling cannonball.

After a while of splashing around and trying to drown each other, we start making out, cliche right. He takes me to a little cave behind the waterfall and I see he's set up a little candle light dinner for us. It was so cute, and there was little rose petals and soft music in the background. Of course he's so cliche and cute. When we sit down I see that it's McDonald's set up really fancy, man he knows me.

"Kyle, did you really do all this, I love it, I love you, thank you so much." I start to tear up a little bit, I'm really emotional right now.

"Anything for you Princess, I love you so much more. And your present." Kyle pulls out a little box, and opens it.

"Auden, I know we are young, there's a reason I'm not on one knee like I would very like to be right now, but this is a promise ring. My promise is that I will always love you no matter how bad you smell, or how much McDonalds you eat, or even when you get fat." At this part I gave him a good smack to the arm, even if I was crying, "But I will love you forever, and one day I want to marry you and have little Auden's running around, Princess, do you accept this promise?" Do I accept? Do I accept!?

"Of course!" I say and he grabs me and spins me around.

"I love so so so much Princess." He always calls me Princess, I love it when he does that.

"I love you waay more Kyle, I'm yours now and always." Kyle puts the ring on my finger and kisses me.

"Kyle what time is it?" I'm supposed to be home at 6:30 so I will be there when Alyssa, my best friend and her boyfriend, Cole get there.

"6:10, why?"

"Shit we got to get back, Alyssa and Cole are going to be there in twenty minutes!" We run out of the cave, after blowing all the candles out (don't want to start a fire), and go down a little path from it and get dressed then raced to the deathtrap in record time.

"Let's go get some chipmunks!" By now Kyle's used to my weird sayings.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So here's the first chapter of my new book! The second chapter will be up soon seeing as it's already done. Comment what you think! I'll start working on the third chapter soon so I'll have something to update.

Thanks for reading

-Kayla