Chapter 9: Lexi

So this chapter was one that I've been really excited to write! I don't want to say too much but i think that you'll guys will have an I idea considering the title of the chapter let me know what you think! :) I hope you like it😊

Finn's departure was a sad one. They had hugged goodbye, but Rachel simply did not want to let go. She wanted him to stay in New York with her, but she knew that he needed to follow his dreams. Finn had been working so hard his whole life to get to where he was and it wouldn't be fair for her to keep him away from it. As much as Rachel wanted to be selfish and convince him to stay, she knew that she couldn't. She loved him too much. He had reminded her that it would only be two weeks until he was returning to New York for a gig, so she didn't have to wait too long to see him. They shared a long tender kiss, and then Finn walked through the gate, leaving her. Rachel had to keep reminding herself that it was only two weeks. Only two weeks.

While Finn was away, Rachel began auditioning once more. She had nothing interesting to do during the days, so she decided to call her agent asking for some audition dates. Luckily for her, there were multiple musicals beginning to take form, so she had many auditions to attend. They had ranged from comedies to dramas to complete tragedies, and Rachel auditioned for them all. There were many rejections but many directors had called her in for call back. Rachel was excited to get back to work, and start performing once more. It felt amazing to get on stage and sing for even a small crowd consisting of a director and producer.

Her latest audition was for Mary Poppins in the revival. The audition had gone seemingly well but she was afraid that she might have not fit the role. The directors had looked pleased with her performance, but they didn't have that look in their eyes that said 'that's the one!' That didn't bother Rachel too much, since she was called back for many other musicals, but she was really hoping to play Mary. It was a story that she found to be lovely growing up, her father's would always read it to her. So, when she found out that they were reviving it, she had to audition. Rachel could just imagine her father's faces as they watched her as Mary. A smile grew on her face at the image of the standing ovation that they would give her. If only the directors would call her back.

It had been a week and two days since Finn had left, and Rachel was on her way to Kurt and Blaine's. They had called her a few hours prior, asking her to come for a visit. The two men had news for her. Rachel loved visiting their apartment, since Kurt designed it and it was beautiful. He coordinated every piece of furniture to a certain color scheme depending on the room. It felt so modern, yet had a warm home-like feeling. Kurt definetly had a talent in designing, but loved to sing much more.

When she reached their apartment, it took only two knocks before the door swung open.

"Rachel!" Exclaimed Kurt, greeting her at the door.

"Kurt!" She squealed, pulling her best friend into an embrace.

Kurt hugged her tightly, and let go, leading her into the apartment. She was met by a smiling Blaine. He was standing next to the couch, with open arms.

"Hello Rachel," he greeted, pulling her into an embrace.

"Hi Blaine," she replied, returning the hug.

They walked over to the couch, and all took their seats. Rachel sat on the one-seater while Blaine and Kurt sat down onto the love seat. Their living room was painted a warm turquoise with beautiful black couchs. There was a round glass coffee table in the midde, but the most beautiful feature was the large painting hanging on top of the fireplace. It was a painting of a trail during the winter. It was stunning.

Immediately, Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand and they interlaced fingers. The small sensual action seemed so intimate, as Rachel was observing it. She partially felt awkward observing it, since at the moment she was sitting there by herself, without a partner of her own. She shook of this feeling, concentrating on their conversation.