Part One

"Liam, please don't let Neal stay here," Killian begged his older brother.

Liam Jones was thirty years old with a wonderful girlfriend named Ruby. They had been seeing each other for six months now. Ruby adored Killian and Killian would "flirt" with Ruby, just to get a laugh out of her and his brother.

"I already told his father that I would be watching him. Besides, I thought you liked Neal?"

"Ever since he got this crush on Emma, it's been weird between us three."

"Ah, so you want Emma for yourself then?"

"Well, I don't know. Maybe? I like her a lot but I'm not going to tell her because that could ruin our friendship."

"And that's why Neal hasn't asked her out either."

"Probably, but what if she likes that selfish prick more then me?"

Liam laughed, "you are a Jones. We know our way around a woman. I'm sure Emma loves you. And not just in the best friend kind of way." He patted his little brother on the back. "Emma will have the guest bedroom closest to your room. Neal beside hers. Would you put these sheets on the beds please?" Liam handed Killian a stack of sheets and pillowcases. "And don't just make Emma's bed up and leave Neal with the dusty ones!"

"Damnit!" Killian cursed, making Liam laugh.

-----

"You behave while you are with Liam. We can call and video chat everyday," Mary Margaret said to Emma. She had been making a fuss about leaving Emma for three weeks all morning. Nothing Emma or David could say would calm the older woman down. "Oh I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too, Mom. But, Liam's like my older brother. And besides, Killian will be here. I'll be fine." She hugged both of her parents and waved at them as she went into the house. "Bye!"

"Swan!" Killian called from upstairs. He bounced down the steps and hugged her, secretly loving her vanilla shampoo. "I'm so excited for you to stay for three weeks."

"Me too. I can't believe my dad let me."

"I'm finally growing on him," Killian said with a laugh. "Here, I'll take your suitcase." He grabbed her suitcase and took it to the guest bedroom. Her favorite guest bedroom. It was a white and green room with flower patterns. The bedspread matched the dresser. The walls were white and green trim was on the bottom and top. Killian put the suitcase in the corner and jumped onto the bed. "You are my best friend, you know that, right, love?"

"Of course I know that. And you are mine."

"You know that there isn't anything I would do to screw up our friendship, right?"

"What's with all the questions, Killian? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just wanted you to know that."

"Okay," she replied hesitantly. Another familiar voice could be heard from downstairs. "Ooh! Neal's here! Cmon, let's go say hi," she said to Killian, but not bothering to wait for him as she went down the stairs.

Killian groaned internally as he got up off the bed. Neal would be staying for the same amount of time as Emma was. While he was happy with Emma staying, he hated the fact that Neal was staying while Emma was here.

Killian had had a crush on Emma since ninth grade. The start of high school. A few months after she had moved to town. The two had formed a friendship quickly. He liked her father and her father liked him back. Even though they pretended that they hated each other's guts. Killian had grown up in Storybrooke all his life. He had plenty of friends and was known as the trouble maker in his group. But he was a nice kid. Him and Neal had been best friends. Neal was more like the careful one in the group. The father figure. As soon as the boy laid eyes on Emma, Killian knew that he would have to fight for Emma's affections. But, it wasn't like Killian really minded. He loved a challenge.