The last (part 2)

Moona was staring at the chief. She was speechless.

Eventually she and her father brought the chief back to the other wolves. The other wolves nursed and comforted the chief. Moona and her siblings help by comforting the chief.

At noon Moona went to check on the chief. "Good evening chief" Moona greeted the chief as usual.  "Ah Moona I need to speak to you" the chief said softly. He started to look around then said "privately please" then all the nurse wolves and the others went away and it was only Moona and the chief.

"I am very ill and weak now and soon I will grow older and die, I will need someone. Someone who will look after one and all and praise the wolves and creatures of the forest with a full loving heart." He said then coughed heavily. "But chief, what can I do to help?" Moona said curiously.

"I know not all the creatures of the forest fully trust you because you are a man cub. They say that soon you will go against us and lead the humans right into our woods. But I know you wouldn't be able to do such things. You are special my child and I knew it since the first time I saw you, since your mother saw you" the chief said. "I don't understand, are you saying" Moona stopped looking at the poor chief.

"Yes, you will become the whole hearted one with the wolves, the leader, the one who will lead the protection of the forest and its wild life." The chief explained. "But chief I'm still training please I don't think I'm right for this" Moona hesitated. "I think there is another wolf better for this job please"

"No! You are the chosen one Moona listen to me Moona" the chief demanded. "Yes chief!" Moona said confused.

"Moona, when I die I will look down to you from above don't worry. I will be there always by your side!" chief explained. Moona just nodded. "No it is dark and I must go to sleep and you too Moona can you promise me something. Promise me that you will never lose hope and always look at the bright side?" The chief asked. "Of course, I won't let you down" Moona said slowly going to towards the door. "Now good night Chief! Please get your rest" Moona said closing the door behind her as she went back to her den.