Chapter three

Zipping up the final compartment of my suitcase was more then a challenge as I spread my entire body weight,lying flat on top squeezing in the final items.  Who knew packing could be so damn difficult?!

''Ally let me help.''I heard from downstairs but ignored until my mom barged in,her eyes widening as she scanned the pile of bikinis,sun dresses and sandals scattered across the floor.

''Zips jammed?'' she asked as her hand reached out to pull me up. I nodded fixing my sweater as I watched her lift it up and use a zip that I had failed to notice from the other side. I found the prospect that I could pass all my exams yet struggle to pack a suitcase worrying.

''Oh...I knew that.'' I responded shrugging my shoulders. ''I know I'm packing really late since I'm going tonight but just wanted to make sure I have everything.'' I explained before she could whine or critisize my lack of organization. Her hazel eyes followed mine.

''Hmmm..I see. Get some rest. Your flight is at 3am. Alright?'' 

''Yeah'' I replied peering at my watch which read 11:00pm. She moved towards me kissing my forehead while I wrapped my arms around her. I couldn't thank her enough.

I awoke to the buzz of my alarm dragging myself out of bed chaotically running into the hot shower.  Grabbing my sweatpants,my guns and roses t-shirt and vans, I threw my damp hair into a high ponytail so it would dry and pulled my luggage downstairs meeting my parents on the landing, mom giving me a weak smile whilist dad turned away. It appeared as if he couldn't stand the sight of me.

Nobody exactly told him to come to the airport too I mumbled but didn't dare say out loud  as he gripped his car keys heading outside with a face of stone. I followed climbing into the car quietly observing through the back seat dad as he glared at mom as she sat in the passengers seat in a somewhat aggressive manner. He wouldn't dare lay a figure on her because she stood against what he felt was right. Or would he? Sometimes I didn't quite understand him or his relationship with her at all. The drive was 30 minutes,the journey being filled with complete silence apart from my occasional text message from the girls.

Jesus..you would think I was going to a concentration camp the way everybody was acting. I fell into a small sleep but awoke as we pulled up to the airport, the jolt of the engine almost throwing me out of the car. Stepping out I readjusted my pony tail as mom pulled out my luggage from the trunk placing it beside me. Mom pulled me into a hug unexpectedly stroking my hair affectionaly. I held onto her tight, whispering into her ear. 

''Did dad come around with the idea?'' 

She whispered back ''Give it time. It's not easy for him to see his little girl grow up.''

I sighed moving from her arms to being face to face with her. 

''I love you Ally. Stay safe,have fun and call me when you get there.'' Her voice cracked and I knew she was about to cry.

''I will. It's two weeks, not a year.'' I chuckled to brighten her mood. Walking away I turned to dad. ''I'm not your little girl any more,just please accept that and be happy for me.''