Chapter One

As I sipped my caramel latte in Starbucks I tapped my feet to the distant sound of one republic,smiling out of complete joy and happiness that school was finally over. How had I survived? It was still a mystery to us all as Ridgewood High was everybody's worst nightmare. Every once in a while in the starbucks I would awkwardly make eye contact with a tall, tan brunette who resembled a cuter zac efron and  subtly turning away as if nothing happened. Typical me. Any other girl would bat their eye lashes,show some cleavage and apply a fresh coat of lipgloss but that just wasn't me.

My eyes followed as the guy who I had locked eyes with walked out with his order greeting a female who he walked off with,their hands interlocking. I sighed out of misery.

''Forever alone.'' I whispered throwing my remains in the bin. Whipping my phone out I scrolled through my contacts, calling brianna who had supposedly planned to meet me with some 'big news.' I spoke before she could catch her breath.

''Where are you?''I yelled as I had been sitting in the same spot for an hour bored as hell. The phone cut off before I had a response,my blood boiling as I lowered my head onto the table out of frustration. 

''ALLLLYY!' I heard from across where I sat, my head rising up as I got a clearer view of brianna in her denim jeans paired with a ralph lauren polo and converse. In her hand were a bunch of shopping bags and her blonde hair was flowing with a touch of blue at her tips.

I watched as she slumped down opposite me out of breath,fanning herself dramatically.

''It's like 40 out. Not that hotdrama queen.'' I implied as I played with a loose strand of hair that always seemed to appear. She rolled her eyes as I clearly didn't seem to understand her situation.

''I got caught up in the sales and shopping is such hard work!''

I squinted my eyes in response.

At times like this I questioned our friendship as we were so unlike one another but as she smiled back I remembered that our differences never mattered. In fact they made us stronger.

''So spit it out blondie?! What's this news?''

Her face lit up as she smacked 3 tickets on the table. ''Me...You and Jamie.. The Bahamas..2 weeks?!'' My mouth opened in  complete utter shock.

''WHAT?!'' I screeched standing up out of my seat clutching the tickets.

''HOW?'' I questioned although I knew brianna's dads paycheck was bigger then my whole family combined.

''Well.. it's a little graduation gift from daddy,our accommodation is booked. All we need is your consent. Jamie already agreed and we leave in two days!''. Without warning I let out a scream jumping up and down in excitement. Brianna laughed grabbing me by the hand and outside of Starbucks saving me from public humiliation.

Out on the street I slung my bag across me moving out of her grip.

  ''So what do you say? It will be the perfect girls trip and a great way to end the year. No parents...' 'I cut in before she could finish. My heart skipped a beat as I had clearly misunderstood the vacation thinking her dad would be coming too.

''No parents?'' I mumbled as I thought of how well that would go down with mine. 

Brianna clearly read my mind pulling me into a hug. 

''Don't worry about your parents. They will be fine plus you are the most responsible out of the three of us!'' I chuckled as she was unbelievably accurate.

''I gotta go Bri. Wish me good luck persuasing my folks!'' Smiling back she winked at me.

''You won't need it!'' and with that I watched her climb into her open top sports car while I started the engine on my dad's old truck.