||3|| Let it all go

"We brought some food for the poor people." Piper nodded at the heated food that she held against her chest.

The older woman, Nelly as her nameplate indicated, smiled gratefully at the two teenagers that had their hands full of treats.

"I am breathless to say the least. There aren't many people visiting this care home and especially no one brings them food. What could I do for you two in return?"

Piper and Leo quickly declined her effort of trying to return the good deed they have done. Piper always dreamt of helping people in need, she was planning to become a voluntary worker one day but she knew that it would never happen. The only way to grant that wish was to take a visit to this care home.

"We don't want anything. We did this because we wanted to, we wanted to help those kind people in a tiny way at least." Leo nodded his head enthusiastically as he internally agreed with Piper's words.

"Bless your good hearts,kids." Nelly gently took the wrapped up treats for the elderly in the care home.

She kept on glancing back at the two teenagers that grinned from ear to ear, feeling overwhelmed that they could help someone out. Even in the smallest way possible.

Leo and Piper took a quick stop at the nearby cafe, sipping on their cinnamon hot chocolates, tasting some Christmas aura from it. Christmas was so close yet it felt like ages away.

Piper had a goofy smile plastered on her face and in addition some cream was decorating her nose. She was oblivious to the fact that it was glued to the bridge of her nose.

"You are so generous. Not only you're feeding yourself but your face." Leo giggled as he seriously attempted to muffle the void sounds that were coming out.

Piper raised a questioning eyebrow at him as she sipped on her chocolate, fully bewildered.

"You're so kawaii..." Leo gazed down as he felt his cheeks burning with embarrassing sensation.

Piper only gave him a quizzical look over as she continued tasting the chocolate aromatic pleasure. Leo didn't mean to say what he said, he didn't know that the words that were hanging deeply in his brain closet were going to be spoken aloud.

"Let's go!" Piper announced as she started tying her scarf around the exposed neck. She wanted to order another chocolate but she knew better not to. She didn't bring anymore money and asking Leo was not the option she would go for.

Leo nodded at his friend as he grabbed his jacket off the chair's back, feeling the warmth engulfing his back and chest as he zipped it up.

"Let's go." Leo stuffed his hands into the jacket's pockets as his smile warmed up at his friend. She simply giggled, leaving a trail of innocent young virtue that will grace the whole cafe.

"My dad thinks I've gone mad," Piper said with total seriousness covering her features. Leo struggled with his soon-to-come laughing fit as he gave his friend a shocked face.

"No way Piper. I mean he could be right?" Leo teased as Piper turned to glare at him before playfully smacking his upper arm. She wasn't mad, Piper knew better. She was just simply not fitted for any social labels.

"I'm just an ultimate unicorn." Piper grinned as she flashed him one of her victorious smiles, flipping her hair back mid action.

"Silly, absolutely silly. What am I friends with?"

Piper pretended she didn't hear that as she kept on walking down the path as it guided them to the parking lot.

"I will fight and not back down." Piper's features turned grim as they neared Leo's jeep.

"Piper- you're not alone in this. I'll protect you till the end."

Piper slowed down her footsteps to keep up with Leo's as her eye pupils enlarged with overwhelming emotion. She was being overwhelmed with the feeling of kindness.

"I can't imagine my life without you. Nevertheless of tomorrow or the next day I'll always feel at ease and feel protected by you Leo." Piper smiled although her eyes welled up as she did so.

"I'll never leave your side. I'll fight for you Piper," Leo soothed as he started leaning in to embrace his friend when unexpectedly Piper's body leapt forward, Leo managing to catch her just in time.

He breathed, his breaths coming uneven as he tugged his arms under her knees picking her up the bridal way. His mind fuzzy with thoughts of despair and the neediness for calling out for help.

As his footsteps neared his jeep's door, he trembled unlocking it and placed Piper's limp body in the backseat, securing her head with his hand in case of collision.

"Piper...please come back." Leo panicked as he caressed his motionless precious girl's cheek, her body not reacting to that gesture in any way.

"I'll save you." Leo slammed the backseat door as he hastily jumped into the driver's seat, nearly head-butting the doorframe.

He cussed some incoherent syllables under his breath as he turned the engine on, it growling in response.

___________________________

Kawaii: The definition of cute in Japanese.

Special thanks to:

@RujayCunningham