Prologue

Prologue

That's when I knew the nightmares were back, the dark defiant terrors that haunts my once peaceful mind.

As I opened my eyes, trying to dodge the blinding sun that shone through the cracks in the brown Venetian blinds,I reached my hand over to my bedside table and clasped my iPhone. I looked at the phone with one eye open; 9:37am and 3 unread messages from Heath. I unlocked the phone, incorrectly entering my code 3 times, successfully on the forth. I rubbed my eyes and opened the messages;

From-Heath

To-Me

2-August-2013 3:46am

Lagoona, if you're awake send me a text. -H x

From-Heath

To-Me

2-August-2013 4:21am

I miss you Lag, I need you here with me. -H x

From-Heath

To-Me

2-August-2013 4:39am

I'm coming round, can't stand not seeing you, be ready at 11am I'm gonna spend the rest of the week with you, love you beautiful. -H x

I smiled at the phone and got out of bed to be greeted by the cold autumn morning air. I looked at my phone again. 9:44am. Great, just enough time to get ready. I walked bare footed to my closet and pulled out clean underwear, socks, black skinny jeans, my Sleeping with Sirens T-shirt and one of my Jack Skellington hoodies. I jumped into the shower quickly and washed my body. I looked and my razor and held back. 'I must not do it' I repeated over in my head.

As I was washing my body, I lightly skimmed over the cuts on my thighs and arms careful not to make them bleed again. It stung. I held back the tears that filled my eyes. I shook the thoughts out of my head and got out of the shower.

After drying and straightening my hair I sprayed a light coat of hairspray to keep it in place. I pulled down my bottom eyelid and applied a heavy coat of black eyeliner to my waterline and doing the same on my top eyelid. I applied a light coat of mascara and some clear lip gloss. I quickly put on my clothes and pulled on my converse.

I ran down the stairs and straight to the kitchen. I filled up the kettle and put it on to boil for coffee.

A knock on the door came 2 minutes later. He's here.

I opened the door and standing there in black jeans and a Black Veil Brides hoodie was my boyfriend, Heath Burns. How I got him, I don't know. But what I do know is that I don't want to loose him. Ever.