Chapter 13

"You need to hide the box." I told Vanya. She grabbed the box from the floor, putting it in her purse. The purse disappeared. "It's staying in there for now." She explained to the both of us. She didn't need to explain that but I can see why she did so. She wanted us to learn to trust her. She had already betrayed one person and that person was already dying on the floor next to her.

"If the answer is in the name.... It could be a couple of names that mean strength." I rasped. "Valentina, Valerie, Valeria." That's when a light bulb goes on over my head.

Valeria.

That's the only answer. Valerie is too modern. As is the name Valentina. My eyes widen at this and I get up immediately from the floor into a sitting position. My back cracked. "Whoa, hold on." Sunny said. "You can't move too fast." I shook my head. "I know her name, Sun." I admitted.

I move to stand up from my sitting position but stumbled for a little while. My legs were jelly. I felt as if I had gotten up too fast because I was dizzy. Sunny was trying to catch me but I wouldn't let him. I had to order him to stop helping me even though I don't want to. I loved him too much to do that but I had to.

"Let me be." I ordered him. His face turned to stone when I said this and he didn't move to touch me. I was running down the pews when Vanya yelled out wait but I didn't wait for her. I knew her name and I had to shout it out face to face for it to work. Power is in the name itself. I could destroy her.

I could hear their footsteps behind me as I ran down a couple of blocks, the wind nearly knocked out of me as I nearly struggled to breathe in and out, my pace not matching with the speed I wanted to be at. I missed my wings.

"Come out, you stupid witch! I shouted. I landed on some block that looked vaguely familiar. People ran opposite of the direction I was facing. "Come out and fight me instead of being in the shadows making your so called demons fight for you!" I taunted.

"Yes?" She said, appearing. Her face was in a sneer. The hooded stranger was with her. "I know your real name." I admit. At this, she laughed heartily. "Oh, you stupid Gargoyle. It's too late. The demons are out and they're here to destroy the city like they did your home." She laughed.

"Oh, come on, Valeria, you don't wanna stay with me for a few more seconds?" I taunted her. Her eyes widened at this and she snarled at me. I could see cuts forming on her arms. She rushed to kill me with an icicle she created out of thin air. I dodged it.

"Bad shot, eh?" I taunted her. "It's alright Valeria. You can try again." She created another one and threw it at me. It grazed me and I smiled up at her. She landed gracefully on the ground, another icicle in hand.

The hooded stranger took a step in V's direction, shielding her. I raced towards her, intent on tackling her to the ground. The hooded stranger made a yellow shield appear and I was forced to move back. The hooded stranger lifted me up with a flick of her index finger.

I fell to the ground, receiving scratches on my legs and arm. I was pretty sure I was bleeding. I quickly got up, wanting to transform into my other self. The hooded stranger received a icicle from V, who smirked at me.

She rushed at me. She grabbed my throat, picking me up, pushing me against the building. Just doing that alone had me nearly pass out. "You're weak, Anne. You had the Kingdom at your fingers and you threw it away to have your fun." She snarled. I recognized the voice of the hooded stranger.

Yumi To.

I reached for her hood, taking it off her and missing up her brown hair. She glared at me, her dark eyes fierce. "Why?" I choked out. "Because it is better if you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." She answered me.