Chapter 2: Peek a boo!

It's gone six days since New Years and James going missing. The first three days we all went looking with help from the police and our neighbours and friends, hardly eating or sleeping. After those three days the police and everyone else who helped looking started to slowly stop. It wasn't that they gave up, they still have hope... Or at least I think they still have hope... Hope is the first thing you need to take the next step for anything like searching for someone... Right? Well the police have been starting to expect the worst case scenario. That Sera's dad might be... well, I guess... dead. But me, Seraphim and Claris still have hope and believe that there must be some sort of explanation for this! But now another three days have gone by meaning a whole six days since James has been gone. What happened that he had to get up so late at night and go out? And why has he not returned? Was it work? But why would they ask him to go to work that late at night and on new years to boot? Its just so very confusing. What is happening around here. 

I wonder what Seraphim is up to right now? Since november Seraphim's been acting weird and disappearing from time to time. She'd always come back the same day of course. But whenever she goes to wherever I always get anxious in what she's doing and where she's going all the time. I cant really imagine that she would cheat on my but... I don't really know what other reason would she be gone so many times for... I've been getting more anxious about her disappearing hours than usual since James disappeared. I mean... what if she also one day disappears for good. No James hasn't disappeared for good. Soon enough he will come through that door shouting peek-a-boo like he usually does with a big grin on his face. I'm certain of it. 

I get up from the sofa and walk out ot the main entrance and stare at the door as if I'd see it be opened anytime soon by either Seraphim or James. After five minute of standing there I walk to my bedroom, grab my winter jacket and boots and head out intent on finding James. No matter what. But when I get to the door and prepare to open it, it opens itself and hits me right in the forehead making me collapse to the floor.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry love!" I rub my forehead and look up to see one of the two people I was hoping to see. 

"Sera where have you been? I was worried sick!" I get up and look straight at my wife that was now inside and taking of her outer clothes.

"I'm sorry love I had some important business at work so I had to leave in a hurry. Speaking of leaving were you planning on going somewhere?"

I look down on me seeing that my winter jacket and boots on that I had instinctively already put on. 

"Well yes. I was planning on going out to look for James a little more. I mean there re still so many people looking so I can't be the only one staying inside and lounging around right?"  I look down at Sera and see that she has a worried and sad look on her face. 

"Hey, don't worry. We'll find him. I'm certain of it!" She smiles and looks up at me.

"Thank you"

The next day James came back all by himself. Except No really with the old smile and energy. He came in bits and pieces in a package. It was definitely the biggest pee-a-boo he's ever given us.