Chapter 25

April 16, 2017: The Jaige 1 year anniversary

Paige's POV

I'm super happy and excited. My plane is about to land in London. I can't wait to see Joe. I haven't seen him in person since Troye's Georgia show and i miss him so much. Before getting on my plane i tweeted out "Can't wait to see you." I don't know what that'll cause because my fans don't know anything,and they don't know if i'm still dating someone. I just have to be careful with what i post which i always do. 

My plane has finally landed and i'm trying to get my bags as fast as possible so i can see him as soon as possible. I finally get them and rush out aerobridge so i'm not sprinting like i want to, but i am speed walking. I get out of the airport and see him. I run and give him a huge hug and a kiss. "Happy Anniversary."

"Happy Anniversary, i missed you so much."

"I missed you to." We stop and go to where he parked his car. 

"I can't believe it only been a year. It feels like so much longer."

"Same," he said

"So how has it been here. Anything new that i don't know about."

"Actually, tomorrow we are driving to Brighton because Zoe and Alfie really want to see you."

"Oh cool, but what are we doing today."

"It's a surprise."

"Really? A surprise. Can't you tell me what we're doing for once." I say in a jokingly way.

"No because that would ruin the surprise."

"Ok then, onward Mr. Sugg" I say pointing to the exit of the airport parking lot and Joe laughs.

"Of course Miss. Mccarthy" he starts driving and I can tell first, we're going to his flat. Probably so i can put my stuff inside and change out of my airport clothes which is sweats and a big hoodie.

Joe's POV

I was so excited to see Paige again. I have missed her so much and she's definitely nothing like any other girl i've dated. She's special. Anyway, so the start of our anniversary date is after we go to my flat. I figured she might want to change into regular clothes and put her stuff inside. Then i was going traditional and do dinner and a movie. last month The boss baby came out and she really wanted to see it, but she never got the chance in Australia so i was going to take her to see that. Also the first "meal" we had together when we met was we had breakfast with friends, but in the middle of vidcon, we snuck out and went to McDonalds. It's not the most amazing place for a date, but it's a good experience we had together and is a really good memory.

When we get to my flat, i help her bring her stuff in.

"What should i wear?" she asks me.

"Umm, well it'll probably be a little cold and wear something that's comfortable for you."

Paige's POV

Joe tells me what i should wear which is kind of a hint of where we are going, but i still have no idea. I replace my sweats with leggings and my flip-flops for converse. I leave on my hoodie because it is really soft and i take my hair out of the bun i put it in the morning and brush it really quickly. I head out of his room and said "Is this good."

"Yep, perfect." he says and i walk over to him and lace my fingers with him. "Ready?" i nod and we walk out to his car. He starts driving and i look out the window. I haven't really been in this area of London at least for a while.

 After a while, he pulls into a McDonalds parking lot. I get out and ask "Why did you take me to McDonalds?"

"Do you remember the second day of Vidcon when we first met?"

"Oh right, we snuck out through the back and went to McDonalds. We were just talking and telling each other everything and we played game with the fries."

"yeah, it was when we really connected and we became like best friends."

"Yeah." We walk inside and i order some chicken nuggets with some barbecue sauce and Joe gets a Quarter Pounder. WE get an order of fries and 2 drinks. We get our drinks and then sit at a booth in the back, just like we did a couple years ago. They call our number and Joe walks up and gets it, he sits back down and grab a fry. "hey joe."

"Yeah," he says and i throw a fry towards his mouth and he almost catches it. "Dahmit."

"Wow, you were a lot better in 2014."

"Hey, i've had some time off from this sport." he says and i laugh, "Watch i can get it. Throw another one."

"Ok." I say and then throw a fry and it bounces off the tip of his nose. "You said something."

"Well, can you do it?" he says and throws a fry and i catch it perfectly and do little sitting bows. "How?"

"I guess i just have skills Joseph" i say and we eat our food and talk about normal things couples talk about i guess."

Joe's POV

After we finish our food and throw it away i grab her hand and say "Next stop."

"There's more," she says "I'm not sure it can get any better then McDonalds." I laugh at her joke and we walk to my car. We get in and i drive to the cinema, it's only about 5 minutes and we sing along to the radio. 

We get into the parking lot, "Are you being traditional, dinner and a movie."

"You caught my trick."

"I never would've guessed."

"That's why i did it."

 i parked and we walked up to the counter to buy tickets. "two tickets for the baby boss please."

"Wait really." She said looking over to me. There is a lot of movies there that are really good and she probably figured i would get a different movie. She was also super excited and loves the trailers for the movie. The man behind the counter handed us the tickets and we walked into the theater. "You don't know how much i wanted to see this movie."

"Actually i did."

"Did i talk about it that much?"

"Yea."

"Oh, sorry about that. And thank you, i know you would've loved any movie there, especially one of those sport ones or gaming ones. 

"Yea, but i want this date to be amazing for both of us and i'm happy as long as i'm with you."

"awwww."

"But this movie also looks really funny."