two

"Jung Hoseok, you really got to put that phone away and help your mother with the dishes." says a gravelly voice from the door. Hoseok glanced over his shoulder in order to see his father wearing a calm smile. He looked at his phone for the last time then decided to turn it off for the mean time.

He move into an upright position and yawned. It was nine o' clock in the morning. The smell of daisies filled his bright room as fresh breeze swished by his face. The sun was as radiant as his smile. It is indeed a beautiful day. "I need to go to my part-time job later." He said.

"You seem so cheery today. What makes you so? Do you have a new girlfriend?" asked his father. Hoseok chuckled. For other people who sees him, it does seem that he has a girlfriend who makes him smile like this. He does wake up in a cozy feeling of reading text from a friend he met online. Every day, he talks to an innocent boy who reveals himself as Suga, which gives him much more delight than to date someone. He sighed, recalling those beautiful messages. This friend of his never failed on making him happy. The boy liked writing poems, even sending Hoseok some in rare occasions.  Every words were delicately written, he can feel every last bit of it. What makes him sad is that he never met that friend he always think of.

"I don't have any." He smiled.

Hoseok gave her mother a hand in her chores. He was too focused on scrubbing the dirt on the plate that he hadn't noticed that his phone vibrated again. He wanted to check the message but leaves it first because his hands are wet.

"Are you visiting Jaemin today?" his mother asked.

"Um, I guess so. I'll be stopping by the flowers shop and visit her before I get to work." He replied. His mother sighed and smiled gloomily. "That child is so pitiful. I worry about her parents, never giving up even if their daughter already has...." The words were so painful her mother can't bring herself to say it. Jaemin was already a daughter for her. Hoseok wanted to say something to comfort her, but he knew none of his words will comfort her. He suddenly wished that he could be like Suga, who makes people like him overjoyed by using words.

He traveled to the flower shop after an hour of chores. He nodded at the clerk as he smiled and enter the shop. "Good morning, hyung! Is it the usual?" the clerk asked.

"Yeah, you remember me now?" Hoseok chuckled. The clerk nodded and started to arrange the bouquet he wanted. When he finished, he handed the bouquet over and smiled. The moment Hoseok payed, he waved his goodbye and biked his way into the hospital. The flowers he ordered were daisies, which symbolizes innocence, purity and cheerfulness. He believed that it is the best choice to give to a dying girl.

He greeted the girl in the front desk good morning and went to his way. Jaemin's room was on the third floor, he didn't need any elevator at all. He walked and walked, only hearing his own footsteps in the silent, peaceful hospital. The smell of medicine was starting to take over the smell of daisies. Every step of him felt really heavy, making him aware of what his childhood friend was experiencing right now.

As he reached the room, sweat dripped down his forehead. Opening the door felt like torture. The creek of the door was ear-piercing.

There, he saw, was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. Lying on the hospital bed, her hair was flowing all the way to her shoulder. The colors of the sun seemed to fade away. With all the beauty she's showing, the daisies seemed to look small.

"I knew you're going to visit today..." The girl smiled as she gaze upon the latter.

"I've brought some bread. Mom told me that you liked the buns she brought you the other day so she made another set." Hoseok said, placing the plastic bag by the bed. He didn't let go of the daisies.