The Dark Corners Of Our Minds

Prologue

[Robyn's P.O.V.]

I lied on the ground panting loudly and staggering to stand up. I fell over again as something, or should I say someone, shoved me down. I felt a hand keep both of my own behind my back. I then whined loudly as a large hand grabbed a handful of my thick spiked hair and pulled my head back to his mouth. I felt his breath on my ear as I struggled desperately to get away from my "instructor". He noticed my squirming and pulled my hair harder, making me let out a squeak of pain. A tear slid down my face as I looked back at him. I hated him so much. But I felt I needed him. He made me happy. But other times, such as this, I just wanted to quit. Finally, he spoke into my ear. His voice was deep and gorgeous, yet strained with many deep horrid secrets. He said this, "Robyn Robyn Robyn. You know I hate it when you try to be better than me." He chuckled darkly "Oh Robyn. This is only the beginning of your hell here." Slade pulled my hair even more, my head was burning with pain and I gritted my teeth as I spoke back to him "I-I'm sorry..." He dropped me down and I held my head on the ground, struggling not to cry. I felt a strong hand raise my head to look at him. Ah yes. The same hand he ripped at my head with. But now, it was kind and comforting. I hated that so much. "Robyn, I want you to show me how good you really are." He said in that silky voice "Show me. Show me what you can do. What you can be for me."