✗ - Part 3

Ethan was heading towards the drink stand once more, hoping that they hadn't ran out of soda yet. Brooke seemed to be the only thing on his mind in that moment, the way she'd been around him today clouding his mind from any other possible thought that may cross it. It was strange to crush on someone like her, to want to get to know the mayor's daughter, one of the most popular girls in school, mainly because she'd never exactly been aware of his existence.

He stops in his tracks the moment he hears Noah's voice yelling, and he's quick to run towards where it was coming from, noticing how Jake and his friends were there now too.

❝ Noah ?? ❞ He moved closer to where Emma was, kneeling down beside his friend, only to wrap an arm around him.

He was pissed, something more than obvious on his facial features. He should've guessed that they would've tried to pull something like this it was no surprise to them after all, not when They'd done things similar to these and even worse in the past.

❝ - Yo, kiss him, Emma.❞

❝ Shut up Fitzgerald !! ❞ Ethan snapped, gaze meeting the boy's as he helped his friend to get up.

❝ What was that that grabbed me ?? ❞ Noah asked, panic obvious on his face.

❝ Nobody grabbed you, spaz. We just dropped you off !! ❞ Jake yelled, only to be glared at by Ethan once more.

This wasn't how he'd wanted the party to go like, nor what he'd showed up for either. Noah didn't deserve any of that, he didn't deserve to be humiliated like he was.

❝ Okay let's just-   ❞ Ethan began, gaze meeting Audrey's only to be cut off by her, as they helped their friend up.

❝ Your friends are great Emma, thank you for the invite.  ❞

Their walking back towards his car, or well his grandmother's car and he can't help but to let his thoughts wander back to what his friend had said moments before. Someone had grabbed him, tried to pull him down and Ethan believed him. He knew better than to think he would've lied about something like that. Ethan knew Noah well enough to know that he was telling the truth.

❝ Are you okay ??  ❞ Ethan asked, looking back at his friend.

❝ I'm fine. I'm just a bit confused you could say, but I'm okay. ❞

Ethan nods, his fingertips tapping against the steering wheel as he began to drive. ❝ You didn't deserve any of that you know ?? What they did wasn't.. Fair. ❞

❝ I know. ❞

❝ We shouldn't have come to this party. It was a stupid idea. ❞ Audrey said, only for Ethan to agree with her.

A part of him felt deep regret for having showed up. They could've prevented this if they had stayed home, but they didn't. They showed up for whatever reason, one he couldn't quite remember, yet there was a part of him that was glad for them to have showed up. As much as he hated how the event had ended for them, it had turned out to be the first time Ethan and Brooke had shared a couple of words since their class project back when they were together in art class in 8th grade. It was quite funny, how much things had changed for everyone since then. Whether it was good or bad he didn't know, but he'd rather not end up overthinking it all once more. 

It was't long until they got to Noah's place, and once they'd dropped him off there, Ethan drove to Audrey's place.

❝ You think he'll be alright ?? Perhaps one of us should've stayed with him. ❞ Audrey said.

❝ Yeah. I doubt Jake or the others will try to do anything else, and if they do then.. I guess we'll have to flip shit. ❞ Ethan said, a small breathy laugh escaping him. ❝ He didn't deserve any of that though.. I don't get what they chose him all of all people. ❞

❝ You know why. We're just- Not like them. They're- ❞

❝ Cool ?? Popular ?? Oh give me a break- ❞

❝ They're idiots. ❞ Audrey stated. ❝ A pair of stupid idiots. ❞

Ethan nodded. ❝ Let's just hope that.. They leave him alone next time. ❞