Falling in Love with my Best Friend~~~ A Ryan Butler Fanfic

"Paige wake up!" I heard my dad yell.  I groaned and looked at my clock. It was 7:36AM! I was probably going to be late.  I sighed and went to go get ready for school.  We're having a talent show at school today and Ryan and I were going to sing. It's better than sitting up in the crowded bleachers with everyone else. Oh yeah, Ryan Butler is my best friend and has been since 3rd grade. We are juniors in high school now.

I went downstairs to see Ryan and my dad talking. They stopped when I came down. "Hey Paige!" Ryan said as he got up and hugged me. "Hi Ry." I said hugging him back.  "Shall we go?" Ryan said while holding his hand out for me playfully.  "We shall." I joked as I took his hand. We said goodbye to my dad and told him I would be a little bit late because of the talent show and left out the door.

We walked in silence for a little bit. Not an awkward silence, but a comforting silence.  "So what song are we going to sing?" Ryan asked as we walked down the sidewalk.  "Umm, I don't know.  What do you want to sing?"  "I have no idea."  I started thinking when all of the sudden a tripped.

"Ow!" I yelled as I felt a sharp pain in my ankle. I looked down at it and it was swelling and turning purple.  "Oh my god, Paige!  Are you okay?!" Ryan asked as he rushed to my side and looked at my ankle.  "We better get you to the hospital." Ryan said worryingly while taking out his phone.  "Is that really necessary?" I asked.  I hated going to the hospital or even to the doctors ever since the accident with my mom.  I'll tell you about it later. 

"Yes, it is necessary!" Ryan said. I sighed, knowing I wasn't going to win this.  "Look Paige, I know you don't like going there but you might have sprained it or something.  Here I'll be right over there. I'm going to call your dad to come get us and take us."  "Fine." I said while sitting there.

                                                      ~~~

We were sitting in the room silently, waiting for the doctor to come back with my results. Just then he walked in.  I turned my attention to him.  He said that I had a small fracture and I had to wear this weird boot type thing (A:N~ It's kind of like a cast but different) for 4-6 weeks.  "A nurse will be here in a minute with different boots to find your size." he said and exited the room. 

As soon as the door closed I turned around to look at my dad and Ryan and frowned.  "Ugh! I don't want to wear that stupid thing!"  "I know sweetie, but you have to if you want your ankle to heal sooner."  My dad said as he looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "Fine." I sighed and continued to wait for the nurse.

After we got my boot and crutches and signed the paperwork, we left.  "What time is it Ry?" I asked. "Umm.. Almost 10. Why?"  Just want to know if we can still make it to school in time."   "Oh, okay." He nodded and we waited to get to the school. 

Once we got there we went to the office and gave the secretary lady my doctor's note and explained that Ryan went with me. She gave us or tardy slips and we walked to class.

  At the beginning of the school year Ryan changed his schedule so we would have all our classes together since I only have 2 other real friends at this school.  They were Chaz and this really nice girl named Rebecca.  I also have another friend in Atlanta.  Her name is Caitlyn.  We never get to see each other though because I live in Canada. 

"So Paige, think of a song yet?" Ryan said snapping me out of my thoughts.  "No, have you?"  "Nah, maybe we can asked Mrs. Mayes at 4th hour." "Yeah, way to use your brain Ry!" I giggled. "Hey! I happen to get straight B's and 1 C!" he joked. "Oh, my bad." I said sarcastically and we walked the rest of the way to our class in silence.