Talent Show

It was 7th hour and me and Ryan were waiting to go set up our stuff and practice our song again before the talent show. I heard the intercom come on, dismissing us to leave to the auditorium. 

When we were walking past a door, someone came out and ran into Ryan.  It was Chaz. I was the first one to say something.  "Oh hey Chaz, where are you going?"  "To the auditorium.  Where are you guys going? He asked us.  "Auditorium too." Ryan answered and we all walked to the auditorium talking about what happened today and what happened to my ankle.

"Hey guys! You ready?" Mrs. Mayes said coming up to us.  Chaz went who knows where.  "Yup" me and Ryan said at that same time causing Mrs. Mayes to laugh at our always perfect timing.  "Alright well, you two are the second performance.  You will come out after we introduce you.  You can say something if you want but you don't have too."  Mrs. Mayes said as she walked away to some other kids who needed help.  "Thank you!" I yelled as she left.

I was sitting in a seat fidgeting a little bit. To be honest I was nervous.  The only people who have heard me sing was Ryan, Chaz, and Rebecca, so how wouldn't I be nervous? I wonder what Ryan's thinking right now. I've only heard him sing once before.

~Ryan's POV~

I was nervous but I didn't want to let Paige down.  It's not that I didn't want to do this, it's just that the only person who's heard me sing was Paige and that was once. On accident.  I looked over to her.  She wouldn't stay still.  I bet she was nervous too.  She was a wonderful singer so she shouldn't be nervous.

I feel like I'm one of the luckiest guys in the world because she's in my life.  Wait! Was I starting to have feeling for Paige?  No, we're best friends! She probably wouldn't like me back anyways.  My thoughts got interrupted by Paige pulling my arm. It was our turn.

We sat down in front of the piano. Paige started, playing and then I joined in seconds later when I was supposed too.  My part was first. I started singing.

Time.    Time is what you said that you were needing away from me.  And I.. I guess that I was too far in the distance, to even see.

I looked at Paige and she was giving me a reassuring smile.  I nodded and kept singing.  Then it was the part where Paige joins in. Our voices were harmonizing beautifully.  I wasn't nervous anymore.  It was Paige's part to sing by herself.  She sounded beautiful. I looked at her and then up to everyone.  They were in awe.  What could I say? She was flawless. 

As we finished the song me and Paige were staring at each other.  We didn't pay attention to everyone else.  They were quiet. One person started to slowly clap.  Seconds later everyone was clapping and cheering.  Me and Paige looked up at everyone and smiled.  We got up and I grabbed her hand.  We walked backstage where everyone was congratulating us and telling us how good we were. 

Mrs. Mayes, Chaz, and Rebecca came over to us. They had tears in their eyes and Mrs. Mayes was practically bawling.  Guess we were good..  They were all talking about how good we were and how proud they are but I was to focused on Paige.

She was so beautiful.  I've never felt this way about anyone.  Was I falling in love with Paige? I don't know what to think.  I mean Paige was.. Perfect, beautiful, caring, sweet, funny, and everything I could ever want in a  girl. 

After arguing with myself for a few minutes I convinced myself I did love her and I was going to tell her.  I didn't know when and I didn't know how but I would.  The moment just had to be perfect.  I know. I'd tell her on her birthday, which was in 2 days. Yeah, it'll be perfect for my perfect girl.  "Hey Ry, want to have a sleepover tonight with Chaz and Rebecca?" Paige asked me suddenly. "Sure" I nodded.  We said our goodbyes to everyone and me and Paige went to her house to hang out until we had to go. 

I couldn't stop thinking about how I loved Paige all night.  I knew she noticed but let it slide.  It was like 2 in the morning at Chaz's house and Paige was laying on my chest sleeping. She fell asleep around 12 and I haven't been able to sleep.  About a hour later, I fell asleep staring at Paige's gorgeous sleeping face.