Giddy Fits of Passion/Altoland/Little Sisters Of Mercy

I looked at the man, his smile mirroring my half-smirk of confidence. If there was one time my cover of bravado would have worked, it was in the presence of a punched Jesus Christ. "She's my Whizzer Brown--wait, bad analogue. Either way, I feel the same way about her the same way anyone would feel about a fling or a first date, the endorphine zap, the giddy fits of passion...it seems more sensual rather than anything amply substantiative. A delusory, chimerical rush. Don't you understand? It's not exactly--"

The look on the man's face was one of calm acceptance mixed with mild confusion, as he took my free hand as well as Hadassah in his left arm, bobbing her up and down and kissing her. 

"Fits! Giddy, unusual fits that I can't remember having with her before, and that I wish I had with my boyfriend! But no, she's so pure and good and I don't deserve her and--she's your mother and already married to Joseph...who's probably mad I..."

The man held in a chuckle, as a toilet flush was heard in the distance. "What is this magic device, girls? It goes clockwise, then..."  "It's a toilet, love. Modern toilets work that way..." Juliet explained to him, as the man looked toward the flushing noise. "Curious. Very curious...but not as curious as your story is, my sweet. Pretty girls and pretty boys, all in your head and the temptation of settling down, raising your beautiful queen..."

"Please don't remind me, I'd rather--" "--deny it forever? Denial isn't healthy, dearest...emotionally or physically...come, yell as loud as you can to me. Let me help you."

"Help me? Help...me? How are you gonna help me?" "You'll see. Do you have any loyalty toward your sisters?"  "My sisters, you say?" "The nuns--hm, it seems you've forgotten again." 

"Well, it could be worse--there are so many things on my mind, so many things to think about, and a million ways I could die thinking about them, you know. It's ugly and whatnot...hey, can we go shopping? How do you feel about Costco? Budup budup...Costco...where you go when you've got nothing else to do...well, what do you think? Juliet needs a cheese wheel."