ii

— ride two
— breeze

—5:20am, 161210
jungkook tightened his grip on the warm coffee cup, hoping that somehow the small amount of warmth emitting from the macchiato would warm his freezing limbs. he had stupidly forgotten his scarf, the chilly breeze whipping around his exposed neck and face.

the cold december air whipped around him as he stood at mangwon station. his train wasn't due for another six minutes, and the station was mostly empty. it was too early for most commuters.

jungkook wasn't sure why he went to work so early, but it was probably down to the fact that he didnt sleep much, and didnt have much to do with himself at home. it was better use for him to be at the studio for extra time. jungkook was an insomniac, but he didn't think of it like that. he enjoyed watching the sun rise and set, and being awake when not many others were awake. jungkook didn't enjoy sleeping too much. jungkook just couldn't sleep. he thought that sleep was, to be honest, a waste of time. 

he also didn't mind the thirty minute train journey. he rather enjoyed it, it was peaceful and he enjoyed watching the seoul landscapes fly past.

jungkook was so caught in his thoughts, that yet again he was caught off guard by the handsome man approaching him. taehyung cleared his throat as he stood next to jungkook, and jungkook's head snapped up at the sound, finding the older male smiling at him, jungkook bowing to him in greeting. "hi, jungkook." the older spoke, still grinning and bringing a coffee cup to his lips.
"hello, hyung." jungkook replied, sighing as he shivered slightly due to the cold wind brushing past him. "please, just call me tae," taehyung smiled, staring at jungkook's pale face. "wait- oh my god, jungkook, aren't you cold? you don't have a scarf!" taehyung's eyes widened slightly as he fussed over jungkook, frowning slightyly.
"hyung- tae, im really fine, its okay."

taehyung didn't listen as he discarded his empty coffee cup into the trash, and unwrapped his thick red scarf from around his neck to around jungkook's, taking time to carefully position it. jungkook's cheeks were painted a rosy colour, the act of kindness warming his heart more than his body. "but aren't you cold now?"
"not really, because as long as you're warm and happy, i am too."

the tone of jungkook's cheeks darkened and he buried his nose into taehyung's scarf. it smelt like vanilla and cinnamon, with an inkling of the cologne that taehyung must use. jungkook loved it.

jungkook supposed taehyung was of the flirtatious sort, the lines taehyung had spoken towards him being more than a little flirty, and there was no reason that taehyung should flirt with him, bringing jungkook to the conclusion that taehyung was naturally a flirt, and acted this way towards everyone.

"jungkook, you've spaced out again." jungkook's head snapped up at taehyung's voice again, his red cheeks burning. he nodded shyly, jungkook knew he thought too much, resulting in long periods of time just staring at nothingness.
"don't worry, its cute." taehyung smiled that wide boxy grin of his again, and jungkook buried himself further into the scarf, a blushing mess. "aw, dont cover your face, cutie, you're too beautiful." jungkook's eyes widened as he looked back at taehyung, who was reaching towards jungkook, re-securing the scarf around his neck so it didn't cover his red face.

"just so fucking cute." taehyung whispered, unbeknownst to jungkook, as the train arrived at the station, blowing both boys' hair around their faces. the pair boarded the vehicle side by side, taking identical seats to the day before.

"so, what's your favourite anime?"
"it would have to be death note, yours?"

they talked for the rest of the journey, small conversations about less important things, and jungkook found himself almost skipping to the studio, all thanks to the pretty boy with mocha-coloured eyes and soft green-tinted bangs.