Chapter 1 - Contentment

Zoey's P.O.V

The piercing sound of the school bell enters my ears, signalling me to make a move to the next class. I gather my school books that lay on my desk and head through the doors of the classroom and head off to next period, biology. Miss Hicks, my biology teacher is a pretty average teacher who needs some help with planning classes. Tony says she's oblivious to the fact that she needs to follow a curriculum, I guess he's right there.

I walk quickly down the school hallway, dodging everyone that crosses my path trying to get to next class before the final bell calls.

"Hey Zoey, wait up!" I turn around soon to see Tilly calling out from behind waving her right arm in the air towards my direction.

As her arm lowers back down by her side she briskly walks over to me holding her bio book in her hand. Her long blonde hair and piercing green eyes makes it hard to miss. Tilly is just simply stunning, majority of the guys at school can't get enough of her. Not just how stunning she is but her sparkly personality too makes her the total package. Last summer Tilly and I decided that it would be a good idea to go on this 5 day teen survival camping trip because we thought why not just go out and live life while we're young and adventurous. To our surprise it took a turn and I swear we almost died, not because of the "survival" factor but the survival guide Chris, he was incredibly hot making the journey ever so harder and of course better. I also think Tilly and I drew closer from that camping experience and ever since then we've been super close friends. We constantly talk and reflect back on the camping trip and how we failed hopelessly with trying to get Chris's attention with our super cringe-worthy flirtatious looks.

As Tilly arrives by my side she shoots me that Colgate smile revealing her perfectly aligned teeth.

"Hey, how are you gorgeous?" I ask her, raising my voice a little so higher due to the chaotic screams in the hallway."

"I'm good thanks babe, I've missed you so much and it's only been one hour!" She chuckles then soon glances at my face to see my response.

"Same here, I wish we were in more classes together, having just bio and English together sucks!" I respond back with a slight grin showing my approval.

We walk through to the end of the hallway and the very last door is our Bio class. Tilly and I walk in and observe the surroundings, scanning the room deciding where to sit. We soon find a seat towards the back of the classroom near Tony and Zac.

"Hey ladies!" Says Zac shooting Tilly and I that fuck boy glance.

"Shut up Zac!" Yells Tilly rolling her eyes.

"Ooo someones feisty!" Responds Tony laughing away with Zac soon to give each other a high five.

Zac and Tony are nice, they really are they can get carried away every now and again cause they're teenage boys and they like to get a "reaction" out of you. Thinking of it I have a funny memory of Zac and Tony, one including the time in sport when Tony was getting all into his basketball game, and then out of the blue he accidentally shot the ball through the window. All you could hear was a loud crack of the glass and then glass shattering everywhere. Glass went in the gym and outside on the courtyard. Our sport teacher Mr Clarkson, almost had a meltdown. As soon as he laid eyes on the shattered glass, the hole through the glass and the students standing there in awe, Mr Clarkson's reaction was simply like he'd seen a ghost. It was written all over his face.

"ZOEY!" A distant voice calls.

Miss Hicks is standing at the front of the classroom staring me down with a stern look on her face, the look that conveyed the "don't mess with me young lady".

"Yes?" I reply.

"Are you with us, you seem to be off with the fairies, please pay attention and focus!" Miss Hicks says, causing me to feel embarrassed each time the words slipped out of her mouth.

"Sorry." I reply.

The bell rings, that same piercing sound through my ears. I wake up out of my daydream and back into reality.

"Come on sleepy head wake up, lets go!" Tilly says while holding onto my right shoulder.

I leave my chair and walk out the classroom and walk down the crowded school halls that consisted of crazy students.

"Hey Zoey, I was gonna ask you if you want to come shopping with me and Zac tonight if you're free?" Tilly asked with that slight twinkle in her eye, that could've been mistaken for a seductive look.

"Uh yeah sure, why not!" I reply reassuring her that I would love to come.

"Okay awesome, well thanks love i'll pick you up from your house let's say 3:30?"

"Sounds good." I say.

The rest of the school day was a blur, to me every school day is the same. You wake up early, get dressed, go to school, learn and go home. See I really only liked school cause some of my close friends were there and that made me happy. Friends was what kept me alive, they offered me reassurance and stability in case a rocky road was ahead. Being an only child, at times made me feel lonely and kind of abnormal in a way. Constantly people would predict that I would be forever spoilt by my parents and how I was somehow "special". This is how my friends gave me the support I needed and the supposed siblings I never had.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy, I really am. Although a better word my be, content.